Chainsaw repair video series

Eric H-L

Treehouser
Do any of you watch videos on repairing saws? What’s out there good?
I know very little and I want to learn something. I have tried a couple of repairs but they did not go well. I discovered this Canadian YouTube channel today and it seems like this shop is very methodical with diagnosis. It’s called “Married with Small Engines.” The explanations seem clear to me and I like that there is no showmanship or drama. Just helpful information. It seems like mostly Stihl. I have two Husqvarnas so would appreciate seeing some repairs on them. On the other hand, I suspect the diagnostic sequences are universal.

Last edited:
I looked a bit on videos, but its too much talk and often you see the level of experience pretty quick.
Most is hung up on problem, not cause or solution.
Focus should be more on a good repair than the grade of clean it is.

Those that use water when cleaning saws in any way shape or form should have their thumbs removed.
I have seen way too much crap from that...

Another vote for VER

Randy, mastermind work saws knows what he’s doing but not sure what all he has. Probably more porting stuff. I know he has a good one on saving cylinders that had pistons melt.

I can tear downs and rebuild a saw to the last bolt but I don’t care much for diagnosing. I know (can’t always remember) most of the testing stuff but don’t care to mess with it.

Back