Nasty pine bid

I remember Leo. I remember him wanting to kick my ass when I was a newby growing guy and I "coiled" his climbline around my elbow and hand. Being a contract climber, he only got called up for big hairy removals. I think he'd forgotten how to prune a tree. Nice guy, if a bit gruff. He told me that he didn't smoke weed while climbing because the trees wouldn't speak to him when he was stoned. I guess he liked to hear them beg for their lives.

This is a heckuva post, Darin...got any more Leo color for us??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guy called me back and said forest service can't scrape it together right now. :dur:

Send in Burnam :/:

Aint he on the payroll even though it is in another state?

I was hoping you would get that one Willie just for the epic awesomeness of it.. :D

And then there is that part of me that also would rather you not.. :|:

I can just see the headlines!

SOTC breaks the USFS and the Government!

:)

Bid it both ways, me or general contractor. Wood just had to be moved, brush chipped if we did it.

Well it doesn't say "Will Do Scary Shit for Money" on Willie's bumper for nothing.

Good idea for a bullet point Darin!

Stephen, that goes without saying

Just suck it up and climb it ...
At least climb it ,i didnt read the entire thread maybe you already did
The center of that pine might be solid as a rock .
Tooth pick it out - you might be just fine .

Id want a safety point somehwre so i could get free and take a swing.

I say climb it too, but only in your dreams when you are in your pjs and safely tucked away under the covers. Nice job, Willie!

Willie: Great seeing you and Trevin at the gtg! Personally, I think SoonerFan had the best post, something about, "Bid high, and hope someone else gets it."

When I look at that tree, all I can think about is the "break-away lanyard" thread that somebody started. Here's why: what if, somebody gutsy--not me--secured a T.I.P. as high as he could in the nearest sound tree. Next, he trows the hypothetical break-away lanyard on his saddle. Next, he has an experienced and trustworthy groundman--Cody?--control what amounts to a human tag-line from the ground--using the grcs or wraps around a tree or whatever--so as to prevent the valorous man from slamming into the trunk of the tie-in tree, should the whole deal go south. What say you?

I've had two Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA's on an empty stomach, and I can ALMOST picture myself doing it.:|: Edit--I can almost see a valorous man doing it. Would I/he have to do it stone sober?

Holy Smoke!! Disregard. The drink slowed my brain even more--if that's possible: I just saw the date on the thread. Holy Smoke Treesandsurf! Why ya gotta go and throw me off like that man! And here I thought that my buddy Willie was in a jam!:lol:

Back