My Competition: Tree fo' Less

Poplar. Light as a feather (snicker).
Dang, Ryan.................
You're HIRED

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:what: I'm on the longevity plan,I know my limits. If I pick up heavy shat, I will be done too soon. Diesel fuel is cheaper then back surgery. I prefer to save my back fo'shat like this. I am weak, and lazy.....give me some levers to pull. TNT, you are wise.

I had a construction foreman who used to say to us, "Sixty inch chest, two inch brain and a one inch....." well, you can guess the rest. I've made some good money picking things up and moving them.

Shoot I pick up logs and move em around but it doesn't mean I like to. I am dying to get a mini-skid. I don't get and have never had a sore back and I'm still jonesing bad for one of these little machines. We used to have a motto while logging, 'let the machine do the work'. Those minis look mighty fine to me.

Almost a month now, they are still plugging away at it!!!! Quatering up the big chunks, no fun. And my other low ball competition got a new truck. Firewood ain't sellin' to good at 80 degrees though.

Oh thanks for that man. That is to funny :lol: . Shoot John I don't know how ya do it with all that competition around :lol: .

The other day I was a tree buddies house in calgary and he had a "card" that was left on his door stuck to his fridge. Hand written in crayon was the company name and contact info. Trees Cheap. I tried calling the number but it was a cell that was turned off with no voice mail.

Only 4 more tons to go, yee haw

i was about to spend £200 getting my truck sign written, never occured me to write it on myself with a permanent marker!

maybe you could suggest an alternative use for the wood, once split it can be firewood or.... wheel chocks.
Its all in the marketing I tell ya.

maybe you could suggest an alternative use for the wood, once split it can be firewood or.... wheel chocks.
Its all in the marketing I tell ya.

Good idea! And you can duck tape the turn signals on the truck to in a pinch.

Persistence is about to pay off....Dudes are using a stump grinder and broken maul to finish it off. I was unaware one could grind something that was loose like that?

If nothing else, they are honorable and keep their word. They said they would do the job and they kept their word even though it meant working for free for a couple weeks.

No bivy would done it in just one day. They Probably fed the crew a month off this one job.

I think they have some relatives here, or maybe they have franchised their operation. By the way that "license number" is not a contractors license number, but probably a business license number. Too many digits to be a contractors license number.

Iunderstand working too cheap. What I can't wrap my mind around is taking soooooooo long.

they cany get much smaller and still use the grinder or theyll hang the stump up in the machine

Looks like they are just about ready to steal another job from you NoBivoulous One.

If they steal too many more jobs, they'll run themselves out of business! At those rates I think welfare would be more profitable...

Back