My Competition: Tree fo' Less

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thier truck says Fully Insured?:what:

ive got a smallish truck by american standards and thats no different to how i'd load up my cord, along with the larger percentage of other uk companies...i guess i must be a cowboy too!

Steve, I've handbombed wood before too. I didn't realize it was an outdated practice. Next thing I know, dragging brush will be a fool's errand and I'll have to talk the boss into getting a winch to pull brush to the chipper 'cos that's how the "pros" do it.

No offense, John. Just another one of my many attempts at humor.:D ;)

Working like that will finish your spine off early. Most companies I see round' here like that use and abuse thier employees, and eventually they all leave. This is a reason for high turnover. I doubt dude has insurance he claims, probably just ghost certificates. Loading wood by hand sucks, Ain't no way dudes can load these big chunks by hand. I try and go with the all hydraulic policy, and save my back for the good part, CLIMBING.

Shoot, I loaded em like that for years, never hurt my back. Working out of a bucket hurt my back more than hand loading logs ever did. Just don't go too heavy, it's a good workout.

Crane?.......:D
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jI3VxDJRl9s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jI3VxDJRl9s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bivy, most of the jobs over here you're lucky to be able to get a truck up to, big wood normally ends up gettings sliced and diced and carried out.

If you cant get a big truck to it, a mini loader will soon carry it out

attachment.php

Been loading wood like that since I started tree work. Almost all companies I work for or sub for don't have groundies so after you climbing you drag and carry. And with my back, it is now in my business plan to buy a mini next year.

Been loading wood like that since I started tree work. Almost all companies I work for or sub for don't have groundies so after you climbing you drag and carry. And with my back, it is now in my business plan to buy a mini next year.

me too, unless it works out for later this year

There's a lot of good points being made about having to chunk & load. It ain't rocket science to dice up a felled tree. We've all done it, and I think no matter where you go there will always be people willing to do it for cheap.
It makes a good case for diversifying. When I'm on a property like that, I can do a walk-around with a customer and offer other tree care services as well as the removal. I'd rather focus on establishing that person as a customer. Repeat biz is where it's at.

nice log Ryan! I think john stewart has a pic of a big hunk o wood upon the shoulder too.

Back