In The News...

Talk about “oppression”! Colum, OH police wouldn’t allow a 16-year-old black girl stab someone to death...she wouldn’t heed the warning, so they served her a lethal dose of lead poisoning...

Anywho....Ohio State students are demanding the university cut ties with Columbus PD over it...just when you thought it couldn’t get any more ridiculous....

This is where you get manipulated by the press.

400 hundred students attended a protest, there’s 60k students at that university.
I’m not sure of the timeline but it’s my guess that the video of the (justifiable) killing had not reached the mobile phones of the majority of those attending.
There’s no chance of the university bowing to the demands of the tiny protest.
They just said that they support their first amendment rights, as I’m sure you do.
But you read the headline, the first few paragraphs and you’re nicely corralled into a comfortable place where you can get outraged.

You are as much a wearer of the wooly white coat as anyone.

Last edited:
Uh...what’s your point, Mick? A group of Ohio State students is enraged that a white cop shot a black girl who was in the process of stabbing someone, rather than allow her to kill her victim...how does that put a “wooly white coat” on me? I stated facts. Seems to me that YOU are the one who doesn’t get it.

I think it's the wording he has a problem with. The outrage machine got started over .067% of the student population. People all over the place do/think all kinds of stupid shit, and if it were limited to <1% of the population, we'd call the planet Eden.

Precisely.
The headline says “Ohio state students demand”
You parrot that in your post, yet it’s a tiny amount of students.

Actually, if ANY students organized a “protest” over a criminal being put down, THEY should be shut down is my whole point. Why do we allow people to idolize criminals and act like they deserve a donut and a hug?

Free speech? They paid their money to go to a university, where ideally you'll explore different ways of thinking, and different points of view. Otherwise, they could have just stayed home, and gone on reddit. Would save a lot of money.

Free speech? The first amendment simply states that the fed can’t hamper your yapper. Doesn’t mean your employer, your neighbor or a business owner can’t. That university doesn’t have to recognize this new breed of criminal sympathizers.

The entire BLM idiocy stems from some black guy out committing crime...a cop dealing with it (sometimes overboard, I confess), and the rabble is off and running, acting like it’s open season on black peeples. Are they so mentally handicapped that they can’t see that obeying the law is like exercise and eating healthy? It’s a good life choice? If George Floyd had been at work that day, rather than passing funny money, he’d still be here.

Free speech? The first amendment simply states that the fed can’t hamper your yapper. Doesn’t mean your employer, your neighbor or a business owner can’t. That university doesn’t have to recognize this new breed of criminal sympathizers.
I agree with this, but in the west, we have a tradition of liberalism(in the classic sense) at our universities. That tolerance is what makes us exceptional compared to shitholes like Afghanistan. If some people want to make some noise, I'll take that to not have to live in Afghanistan.

John, liberals making noise is fine. It's now Progressives screaming like brats (amplified by most media) and top level execs caving to their demands like weaklings.

I don’t figure a moron who woke up one morning in his 60s and decided he was a woman has anything of value to offer anyone.

I agree with this, but in the west, we have a tradition of liberalism(in the classic sense) at our universities. That tolerance is what makes us exceptional compared to shitholes like Afghanistan. If some people want to make some noise, I'll take that to not have to live in Afghanistan.

Yeah....our current "cancel" culture sure highlights this thought.....

Classic Liberalism. Hahaha!

Cancel culture works both ways. However, the radical left controls mainstream media so the conservative cancel culture isn't heard near as much. But that's changing. The pendulum swings.

Funny, you don't hear any more about the UFOs.

So FOX news is controlled by the radical left.
Man, they sure make our radical left seem pretty radical.
I mean, our radical left are real, dyed in the wool, commies.

Maybe it's different over the pond. Over my internet connection Fox news is heavily censored on youtube. Just for one: when they show video of riots it's block by a static still image, usually of 'Orange man' bad. Like he's the cause of the riots.

The radical left videos are not blocked. So what do you call that? Yeah, yeah, I know... a good start.

You guys crack me up.

Jer, one thing to remember:
In Denmark, your radical left would be the right, or on a good day, with the wind blowing hard from the Atlantic ocean, maybe the middle.

Have to be one hell of a strong wind, though.

I have to sign up to get direct feed. Which means divulging my personal info, and I don't feel good about doing that. As it is right now half of the videos on youtube requires me to get a google account to view them. They ask too many stinking questions. I've resisted. But it's getting worse. The House is the only reprieve.

Yup!
Just a reminder of why the Europeans, especially those from Scandinavia ( Ooooops, just called myself an European, which I hate people doing) and Americans sometimes have a hard time communicating.
Having lived in Arcata and Idaho for years, I can somewhat do it, but it still goes haywire for me, some times.

I have the same thing, when we go to Scvhweiz to visit Margot's kids and other family.
I really have to watch my Ps and Qs, because Danes are way more outspoken then the Swiss.
Having lived and worked in Schweiz in my youth, I pretty much have them figured out, but I still have to be careful not to inadvertently cause offense.

Back