In The News...

No, Mick. He did NOT have assault rifles. The media is calling them that for a reason. If they said he used a semi-automatic, ambidextrous chain saws to shoot the victims, would you swallow that as easily? Few people have “assault rifles”. They are heavily regulated, requiring far more red tape than a normal firearm purchase. I notice you didn’t add the sub machine gun part from Karen’s quote...figured that was too big a stretch?

They call them that (the press, even Fox, and the public) because that’s what the design is based on, that’s what they look like (and are intended to look like) which is why the are a sought after product amongst aficionados and those looking to kill as many people in a short time.

Sure, nit pick about terminology if it deflects.

What rifles was he using then?

He was using an AR15, which being "only" semi automatic, is not an assault rifle.

It is, however, what those who have wet dreams about assault rifles buy and the one weapon that the gun worshippers constantly claim is only being bought by squirrel hunters, varminters and the like.

You have to understand that it is NOT being bought because it is a black, nasty looking assault rifle look a like, it certainly has many many applications in daily life that a "normal" rifle can't help with.

Like every time a bunch of fat American men with tattoes and MAGA hats go out to protect their freedom, it is their weapon of choice.

Apparently, if someone uses the wrong name or terminology for a weapon used in a mass shooting, it is like the shooting never happened.
To Scott and "Bob", anyway.

So, Stig, based on your "logic", if one says the phrase "AR-15, AR-15, AR-15" rapidly, do folks just magically drop dead? The point sane folks are trying to make is, MURDER is, and has been for quite some time, ILLEGAL, regardless of weapon used, and regardless of how said weapon was obtained. I'm not sure if Mick can wrap his warped logic around that concept, but I'm fairly certain you can, you just don't choose to. You caught onto the dog bite example amazingly fast.

As to Mickey's "nitpicking" comment...I'd say focusing on the weapon used, rather than the crime itself is more "deflecting" than honest reporting of the facts. But then again, I'm quite sure the families of the victims would MUCH RATHER he'd killed them with an antique double-barrel shotgun.....

Last edited:
Armalite....the first company to market the rifle....they called it the AR-15. Sounds skeerier thought to say "ASSAULT RIFLE"......

Assault rifle/assault weapon means a firearm used to "assault"....as in a squad of soldiers, SWAT team, etc, attacking a home, building, etc. It has a pistol grip, enabling single-hand use, a detachable magazine and a selector switch to choose SAFE/SEMI/AUTO. No military on earth uses the AR-15 as its weapon. Furthermore, the guy quoted regarding the shooting that has Mick in a tither first said it was a sub machine gun, which, by definition fires a handgun round. He then said assault rifle. They are not the same thing. But in this highly enlightened and emotional age, why bother with facts?

Last edited:
Been a while since semi auto was the preferred thing for military use.

Scott, you know damned well I'm not scared of guns or people with them.
I just find it funny the way y'all tapdance around the fact that the only reason for the existence of guns like the AR15 and all the other wanna be look a likes is that they give the fat owners a hard on.

They have no military purpose and I'll be damned if I can find a civillian either.
Except they sure look good when some tub of lard real man poses with them.

Now tell me again how you bought yours for prairie hound shooting instead of a .22-250 with a bull barrel.

( Cause it just looks so much better when you pose with your foot on a dead Prairie dog).

I hope you can tell I'm effing with you?

I think the origin of the term " Assault rifle" came about as a translation of the German: " Sturmgewehr".
They were, after all, the first to come out with the idea.

Sturmgewehr 44.
That was the one that Mikhail Kalashnikov changed slightly into the design that is the most produced gun ever.

Last edited:
Show me where it mentions being a fat frig who uses a gun to show off his manhood.
I don't think they were invented back then.
Neither was the AR15.

Never owned a .22-250. For the powder used, I prefer a .243. I don't use an AR for hunting, though I know a lot of folks who do. I prefer a bolt action for most of my hunting. I do have one of these for coyote hunting..... As to having a "use" for them, that argument could be made for lots of stuff. Home defense? I prefer a handgun, hands down, if I heard a bump in the night. I don't "need" the 8 saws that reside in my truck all the time, nor the 7 throw lines/cubes, (or the 5 spare throwbags behind the seat). Lots of stuff I don't "need", but thankfully, need is not a requirement for having stuff.

And I'm not sure what to do with your "fat frig" comments. I wasn't aware that obesity was restrained to the gun ownership crowd..... r-15.jpg

Nope, that is just me being an asshole about fat people.
But honestly, every time I see your fat, out of shape cops, I think: no wonder they have to use the gun instead of getting physical. ( And then, when a skinny one gets overly physical, I bitch about that)

And every time I see all these REAL men on the steps of some city hall, with their tattoos and their black guns and their guts hanging over the belt, it makes me puke.

Land of the free and all that, and 42,4% of you are eating yourself to death ( While worrying about ill effects from a vaccine :lol:)

As for the .22-250 and the .243 not much difference.
I mentioned the .22-250 because it is the one I've shot the most.

Back