How'd it go today?

Hope it goes ok for you Jim.

Been waiting on a part from Vermeer, ordered it a month ago and it had to come from the US. No problem usually about 2 weeks with free shipping.

Rang last week, he said he email them and check. Rang again today and they sent it via China, be another week. :saywhat:Seems pretty logical at the moment.:scrambleup:

My brother is Type II diabetic.

Don't know if he's ever had his thyroid checked.
He's around 350, at 5'11".
He does a head in the sand approach. Not successful. All catching up to him at 51 years old, as well as along the way.
He's a lifelong bachelor, whereas you have family, young and old, to motivate the other half of the battle, the action part.
Wishing you the best with managing it all.

97 sounds good. Is that so?

Maybe a bit of a relief knowing your heat is ok, even if your thyroid isn't! Wish you well with the journey forward :)
We are keeping an eye on the Covid 19 stuff, my hubby is in the vulnerable category. Thankful we live in the country.

'Bout time you went to a doctor and got to the bottom of this shit, Jim.
You can only stick your head in the sand for so long.

Glad you got it cleared up, knowing what is wrong helps a lot.
I speak from personal experience in that.

I hope getting the right medicine will have a positive influence on your mood/depression.

I'm a bit worried about the Covid19 too, Fiona.
Not just because I'm in the " will probably die if infected" group, but because if it turns into a pandemic, it may well put an end to my travel plans for the summer.
That would then be second time sickness has gotten in the way of me going to the States.

I was wondering about that, Stig. Our own travel plans to S. Carolina in a month and a half for my nephew's wedding is also a potential casualty.

Finally figured out the bottle sling...

20200307_221939.jpg

I've been playing with it off and on for a week, but the diagram had me thinking WTF?! Still need to practice it so I can do it without looking at a picture. I'm gonna use that bottle with a copper wire sling, and put my solar jul lights in it for a lantern in my back yard. I'll hang it from a hook I found at work.

:thumbup:

Though in truth, the idea of sitting in a comfortable lawn chair under a handsome yard tree, sipping a fine whiskey or whisky, seems to make special knots for hauling beverages aloft seem a little like too much trouble :).

Also very handy for cooling down stuff while on the boat, securing them so they don't break, and tying tools off that have a slight lip on them. I'm sure a constrictor knit would serve the same purpose almost as well, but then again someone designed a knot just for this!!!

The constrictor was plan B if I couldn't get the bottle sling figured out; maybe two copper loops held in place with the constrictor. What's nice about the bottle sling for this use is the two loops will allow it to hang level.

Cool knot!

Here's the IG link for those who'd like to follow

I'm burnt on selling treework.
Burnt on having employees, God Bless them.
Burnt on living/working in metro SF city...

Sorry to read about your troubles, Deva. I know it is of little comfort, but rest assured, many have gone down the same road, myself included.

Hope you can find a balance within tree the work world that works for you

Didn't sleep well last night, and was dragging ass and pissed off most of the day. It was also hot; 70°, and the bugs were out in force around the creek job. I hate when the clock gets dicked with. It's a pointless waste of time.

I made my lantern bottle last night. I couldn't find an electric cord I wanted to sacrifice, so I used black paracord. Worked pretty well. If it doesn't hold up, I can do something different later. Lights up really nice, but I'd like to have a light blue bottle, like Bombay Sapphire. The shape of the one I used is nicer though.

Home with a sick kid most of the day.

Bid two jobs, with her watching the tablet on the van.

Scheduled another.

Call to confirm closure on another bid just came in. I'll be burning maple next year quite a bit.

Will pick up steel in the morning for the 5th-wheel mover thingie.

22 or more dead on WA from COVID-19. 70 cases.

It's reported that Trump had contact with people exposed, including flying with one, shaking hands with another.

Back