How'd it go today?

Do you mean that you're intaking a lot of fluids and basically loosing them through sweating, mostly?

I still maintain a person should measure more by their fluid output than their fluid input.

I'm with you on the output to some extent. As long as I piss a few times during the day I'm ok. Most of what I drink I sweat out. That episode I had over a week ago was a first for me. I think I got distracted by how much I was enjoying srt with the HH.
Had another boring day up in Cleveland removing the largest Bradford pear I've seen. 27" DBH. It had 25 different lines running through it. I let the asplundth(?) guy do his thing for a while but after our second rain delay I had to finish it. I'm embarrassed to admit it took 6 hours to remove a damn Bradford pear.

Today was one of those days when I wished neighbors got along, pine died this past "fall". When bidding the understory trees were so limiting to my view saw at least 4 good woodpecker holes close to where I figured I had room with two understory trees tied back after putting lines in them. Got up to the holes and no further was I going:eek: no idea how it was supporting itself. Offered the neighbor some clean up of a broken hanging tree for the ability to use her woods to fell it in, no go:mad::mad:. Hated thinking about pulling from above the hole and needed a Lil pull to make the DZ. Got down to pre tension in case. All went well but one of those glad it's over trees

Bummer about the grinder, Dave. Sorry to read it, I guess that will slow you up for awhile.

Got some bad news about my brother, it looks as though his life is ending. Cancer has been taking him down, and it just never stops. No rhyme or reason to it, other than some chaotic viciousness of disease that has destroyed a good man who has much to live for. We're quite close, and I've got this terrible lump in my chest. Sucks, man...good health is a blessing, I can tell you. Cherish family and friends.

I'm so sorry, man. I lost a longtime friend from it not too long ago. You are right about no rhyme or reason. My condolences.

Tim

Couldn't find the Cool Vest thread to bump it. Everyone should know about that to work safer, more comfortable and be able to push harder in the heat.

94° or so today as kind of an opening to our hot time of the year. I was glad to have the vest - thanks again Butch.

Would someone bring that thread up for those that don't know about it yet?

Work is a bit scarce right now, so we have spent the last week keeping bracken from overwhelming the new planted trees in the State Forest.
Using a scythe all day is nice and quiet, but also extremely boring.
So when we got a call taday, asking if we could deliver a load of beech logs tomorrow, we perked right up:)
Skidder will arrive a couple of hours after we get there, so it'll be a race to keep him behind us.
Shoulkd be a good day if the weather is dry.

Hot today, removing 200mtrs of hedge and putting it through the chipper, dusty, sweaty,dirty ,scratchy hateful work (but lucrative)
Stopped off at the garage and the lady there gave me a funny look, I threw a glance in the mirror and saw why.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 66
I feel you Mick. I was swimming in the chlorophyll sea all day too. Slave work behind a brush mower. If I owned that patch of property I would sell it.

Looks like one of those escapees from the NY State max security pen!

Parts came in for the Dingo. My job today changed parameters BIG TIME!. So I rescheduled and started putting the Dingo back together.
Cody, see those pipes wayyyyy back there. That is where they tie into the drive motors. What I was referring to as fun replacing the drive motors. If you start messing with the hydraulics, make sure you order the O rings from a Toro dealer. NAPA or other generic rings ain't gonna cut it. Ask me how I know.:lol:

Attachments

• tmp_7937-IMG_20150609_105627287_HDR851332760.jpg
    tmp_7937-IMG_20150609_105627287_HDR851332760.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 51
  • tmp_7937-IMG_20150609_105614102-1210984966.jpg
    tmp_7937-IMG_20150609_105614102-1210984966.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 49
  • tmp_7937-IMG_20150609_105816451_HDR-2048523091.jpg
    tmp_7937-IMG_20150609_105816451_HDR-2048523091.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 49
The o ring has a seat they are inserted into between the fittings. Not above the threads on the outside of the fitting.There is an actual groove or seat on the very end of the fitting. The mating fitting is machined flat to seal against the o ring.

The good ole DR brush mower. I put a lot of hours on one at my friends property where we camp. We got the Massey running again so now I can use the brush hog

Looked like a fine working environment!

Got a lightning struck dead pine this morning not long dead and no woodpecker holes yea!
Butch could you add this pic for a profile picture https://www.masterblasterhome.com/member.php?5055-T_Bird
687af49ca4a520a0341798b85e6d31e6.jpg

His name is Richie and I'm glad and proud to have him aboard as a integral member of my team. Welcome! have you caught up with your reading yet?:p

Back