How'd it go today?

Thanks guys, I'll be heading out for awhile. My bro lives about four or five hours away by train, and I have to go there. I'm not sure how long I will stay with him, and he's currently in the hospital. Says that he wants to see me, must be about the first time in our entire lives that I ever heard that from him. Not a good sign at all, lots of despair... Anyway, what can you do? Take care.

Good luck, my friend.

Me and my 'lil bro... we didn't see eye to eye, but I miss the fugger.

Appreciate it, thanks Jim, I know my friends are thinking of us. I'm an in control person, but this is some kind of stays with you heavy upset that is hard to shake. Got to just go with it, I guess. Illness hit awhile back, but it's really been rolling along of late, doing a job like nobody's business. The thing acts like something that really knows what it wants.

38 Special. I'd have gotten a lot more out of it had I paid more attention to the 25 degree warnings, I htink...I was working on a lot of hills and moving it from one stump to another fully tipped back..totally my fault I'm thinking.

Engine had only 440 hours on it, but the last 300 or so were in 4 hour continuous runs. Only have about 50 stumps to go to finish the job. the new engine will cause me to about break even on the whole thing.:|:
That sucks.

There is another use for a Clinometer app.

I remember at St Parks we had some hills for the bucket truck that in the "close to too steep". What I recall was 5*.

Went to the physical therapist today. Learned good stuff. Left arm rotator cuff impingement. Some pt exercises prescribed, ultrasound treatment. Answer to the question, What's up with my shoulder.

God bless the Wraptor!

Friday was our version of the 4. july.
The day when exactly 100 years ago this year, the ruling power was taken from the few ( Gentry, semi nobility,counts, dukes, all the ones born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and other crap like that) and given to the many ( Bunch of commies:))
So most people take the day off to celebrate. ( I imagine our local duke dress up in all his ducal finery and sit quietly weeping somewhere)

I made a huge batch of sourdough pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast, then we went to the local country fair to look at horses.
They had a magnificent show of couches, buggies, landauers, you name it, all with 2-5 horses pulling and some of the best drivers in the country.
That was so fine to see. Of course we had both left our cameras in the truck:|:
We got so inspired that we invited some friends over for a carriage drive in the woods, then sat in the greenhouse drinking Swiss wine and eating fresh baked bread and cheeses and talking till almost midnight.
This time of the year it doesn't get dark till about 11 PM.
A very nice day on all counts.

Sounds nice, I woke up with a hangover, couldn't find any ibuprofen but lucked upon some tramadol left over from my wife's accident, so I'm having a nice day as well!

Got some bad news about my brother, it looks as though his life is ending. Cancer has been taking him down, and it just never stops. No rhyme or reason to it, other than some chaotic viciousness of disease that has destroyed a good man who has much to live for. We're quite close, and I've got this terrible lump in my chest. Sucks, man...good health is a blessing, I can tell you. Cherish family and friends.
I just saw this Jay, so sorry, that's a terrible thing. Both of you will be in my prayers.

Thoughts and prayers y'all's way, Jay...sickness and looming mortality can ground us in a hurry. And there never seems to be a good answer to "why?"

Jay, hang in there. Sorry to hear.

AJ- 120' long limb, sheesh!

Back