How'd it go today?

White pine can be scary to fall in any other direction than to the lay. Usually is scary. Sometimes they hold sorta ok, sometimes they do that Treebilly thang

I’ve yet to meet a good climber that isn’t very capable on the ground as well. I’ve met quite a few good climbers that really dislike working the ground, but they’re still pretty good at it.
I’ve met a few good climbers who were to Prima Donna to run a rake.

Routine day. Taught the boss some new tricks on the gun, but he'll forget next time it's needed. We're running out of the free stakes we've been using. I'm thinking about milling some of that pine I'm dragging off that lot, and see how it works out. A waste of my good equipment, but I think I can make a little money at it, and they'll likely be better than the bundles of rot I've been using. I figure I'll charge 50¢/stake(half price) or my hourly pay, whichever is higher.

Had an interesting evening yesterday. Call came in as I was fixing dinner. A Cockatoo had flown off and landed in a tree about 50 foot up at the local Hostel. Owner asked if I had a bucket truck. Told him no I climb, no bucket. But advised him that I have only rescued cats and drones in the past. Never a bird. Asked about the size of the bird, and took the appropriate pillowcase.
He called me again on my way there and asked about a hose with a nozzle that I definitely did not have on my truck. Saying if he sprayed to bird, it would not be able to fly. Of course my next question was, "did you clip the flight feathers!?" Nope. He forgot to before they left Oregon.
When I got there, they were tormenting the poor thing with a drone, me just standing there with throw line in hand, ready to deploy the cube.
Inevitably, the bird became disturbed with the whole situation and proceeded to fly to the nearest building to hide behind it. On the ground at least. Once in possession of her parents, she settled down. I had a nice pair of secateurs in the truck and Chloe promptly got her flight feathers clipped. They tried to pay me, but the whole event seemed so crazy that I just told them no, just leave a nice review. See if they do.

This morning the local sheriff's office called and added me to a list of names to call in case an animal needs rescued. Guess they found out about the bird as they referenced it .

Jenn and I noticed that our main guard dog had been missing.

Yesterday while cleaning around my folks place we spotted this sheep standing along. Rizzo was sitting next to her.

So, after school got out we all went to try and doctor on her and load her up. Richard's first attempt...as witnessed by Rizzo..failed. Only just though.

We finally caught her and loaded her in the Dodge. Doctored her for eye infection.

The second picture was on Jenn and Lynley hog tying the sheep.

Happy to read of a pet parrot rescue, and future animal rescue opportunities :) but sad to read it getting it's flight feathers clipped. We've got two, a cockatiel and a regents parrot. They have full flight feathers and a tunnel through the side of the house into a big aviary outside.

Back