How'd it go today?

Why not just have the kid at home?

Uh, she did. Ethan something or other is the name. 8 lbs.8oz.

Packed up in as baby all swaddled and cuddling. Cord cut and tied off, placenta delivered and in a bag.

RJS. did the practical joke fly? :)

John has either come over or called three times today asking me about his Jeep. :lol: He's convinced that I'm the one that took it because I can't keep a straight face when he asks me about it. But I was sworn to secrecy so I can't tell him who did it. :/:
He just called me 10 minutes ago to ask me again. :P

I'm still wupped!! Felt like hell but made a wood run, big load. Now I get to finish unloading it, cutting it up and splitting it tomorow, yay?
I've got to find a sign to put on the road now to sell what isn't already sold.

A few chunks of split wood propping up a piece of cardboard with a dollar amount scribbled on it would work as well as anything.

Or an ad on Craigslist?

There is that also, but I need more wood first!!
I am trying to start small for the time. Use what you have to get what you want deal. Split it all by hand for now, get the mini paid down, then get a spliter when they discount them.

So just make a waiting list. As you have discovered, in the right market, firewood will sell itself.

So just make a waiting list. As you have discovered, in the right market, firewood will sell itself.

The weather is too iffy around here, and I can't garuntee when I can get in and out of what Al loves to call the "marsh". Just keep it small for now. Slow day in the summer, make a run and stock up for next year.
I've still got to build a gate into the backyard off the main road, get some T-posts etc.
It sucks having to set this all up again!:X

I'll loan you my splitter for the mini, you have to return it though.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass for now!

Other than a pump and motor, I should have enough crap lying around to build another one. Just not sure I want to do that again! It's a real PITA!!

Today went better than yesterday. Did some more clearing and fire clearance limbing on some oaks. The acreage we are continually working for this guy has great rock features and some good variations of local flora. Could not burn today so we staged for future burn. He also booked three more days in a couple weeks :D
I have a little climbing to do tomorrow on a couple pines (bull pines :P) and more ground work.
Forgot to mention yesterday that our groundie Jeremy is no longer with us. The new girl friend got him to move out of town. I knew last month he would be leaving us sometime in January, but he pretty much did not give me a days warning on the last minute bye bye. Good kid but sometimes ya just wanna slap him LOL. Him and his girl have just announced her pregnancy also:roll:

Well this one works off the mini hydro, Its cool I was trying to do my good deed for the month, and you ruined it!:P

And here I am being unapreciative!! Geez.......:roll: Sorry.

If you don't mind, how well does it work? I've toyed with the idea, but without the two stage pump I wonder how effective it would really be with hard wood, crotches and Elm?

It is a little slow, Haven't had an issue splitt anything except one large knotted oak. I managed to shave off the sides, but the knot got blazed in the backyard.

Its nice not to have to handle. Bivy could tell you more, I think he has more time on than me.

It is a little slow, Haven't had an issue splitt anything except one large knotted oak. I managed to shave off the sides, but the knot got blazed in the backyard.

Its nice not to have to handle. Bivy could tell you more, I think he has more time on than me.

Fair enough. You know me, I'm all for the "bang for buck". If the machine wont have enough power I'd rather spend the money for the versatility.
Other than couplers, hoses and a mount plate I should have enough crap around here to build that as well!:D
Just not sure I have a cylinder short enough for the I-beam I have, but there are ways around that as well;)

Changed the oil in the mini today.
Got a call for some work for tomorrow, fallen tree's at a condo complex I work, mostly bent over Birches, and a "big" fallen tree according to the landscaper.

Today's good. The sun finally came out, had to wait for the herd to vacate a field before I could close a gate...so I took the opportunity to get some rays. Turned off the tractor and put my feet up and my head back. Pretended I was visiting Gigi. :D

Now I'm categorizing a year's worth of receipts now....going ok, though.

The weather is relentless here. Another 15hr day. I'm almost ready to say I need a break but I don't see one in sight. Tomorrow I may only have to sand for 3 or 4 hours early in the morning. That will kind of seem like a day off I suppose.8)

To console myself I think I'm buying a new truck tomorrow.:/:

03 f-350 xlt extended cab longbox. Gaspot, diesel's to expensive for me.

got a notice today that im out of compliance with my homebased business liscence. so basicly i think they dont want me to park my trucks in front of my home on my own property anymore. kind of a pain but ill live with it i guess

Today went really well, and we got to burn again today. So we wrapped up the 3 day brush and burn for this month. Home owner had already booked three days in a couple weeks from now. Then proceeded to book 3 days a month for three months this summer with the brushers and chipper :D . Him and his wife are just thrilled about how their place is coming out and they really have a beautiful property that is easy to work with for accents and such.. Some great rocks and the list goes on. 120 acres. I think I am going to be busy for a time there :D

got a notice today that im out of compliance with my homebased business liscence. so basicly i think they dont want me to park my trucks in front of my home on my own property anymore. kind of a pain but ill live with it i guess

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......................

I wont get started, I am not a fan of city "rullings" at all.

Get back at them by canceling trash pick up.

Back