How'd it go today?

Aside from lead bullets, it's a drag finding metal by running the material through a woodworking machine :cry:

The Sycamore I've dried sure had problems warping while loosing water. Possibly having been cut during the wet time of year had something to do with it. Drying slowly inside your house sounds good, Dave. Kind of strange wood, I found, relatively soft but very dense. Your species may vary.

Today, just finished up a round dining table in Walnut for a good customer. 8 grand, I've lowered my prices a bit. A call came in for tree work on Sunday, next to a burned out house.....?

I'll have to look up the species again for our area. I think we have both sycamore and London Plane trees. It's a Platanus species, at any rate. We dried a couple of samples on the wood stove. The q-sawn didn't move, but the flat sawn was only 1/2" after planing it down to a "usable" board, from 5/4. Once dried, sycamore is supposed to be one of our most stable woods, most often used for drawers and cabinetry that you don't want to move.

Things were hopping early this morning. No school call at 5:43 because of Ice 2.0. Fumbling around to go plow and sand and the phone rings again 2 min later. Wife answers and says I'm going next door, throws on her boots and runs out the door with the phone. Apparently she was just in time to deliver our neighbor's baby boy at 5:50am. Ambulance didn't show up until 6:10. Everyhting is going to be pretty anti-climactic today.

I hope she brought the phone back......:D

It's a good thing she plays a doctor at work. Of course it has been a very long time since her practice has done obstetrics.

Haha! WHo says they don't make house calls anymore.

Pass along my congrats to P. and L.

Now that's definitely an interesting way to start the day!

My neighbor's son came by this morning to play a gag on him. John (the old guy with the old Jeep) picked up an old toy Jeep last month and painted it up to match his Willys, then set it in his front yard. The pictures tell the rest of the story. :lol:

In the last pic, was he trying to fly away?

chain.gif

Just took a tree off my aunts car at my grandma's. Uprooted red maple, stream ran 5' behind root system. Gotta go back this week and chip/cut wood. Nice to get a little job unexpected. Also got a call, removing white pines and a birch in mid february.

haha mike, you should have sanded the way so the kid had traction on the way out!!

I did have to sand so the ambulance could get in their driveway.

Talked to the wife some more. Apparently they were all packed up and waiting for the ambulance. I love how hard my tax dollars work.:what:

I just got in a shat load of road signs for my 'epic pruning' on friday.

two road closed ahead signs, two saw horse style road barriers, two detour signs, and a bunch more cones.

...I think I still see fluorescent orange when I blink.

Newfee, thats cool that your wife helped out, will they name the child after her?

Wagnaw, orange is cool.

RJS. did the practical joke fly? :)

Back