How'd it go today?

Waiting on a 300 and change and a 100.00 balance since about the same period there Brian and Steve. Wrote off more last year though so I can't complain:dontknow:
Went by the 300 plus one today to try and collect again.. They must have radar. Not present at the office :what:

You are writing off bad debt? Why not use the cash method of accounting?

Cash system allows you to write off all of the wages and expenses and only report what you took in in receipts as opposed to what you actually billed.

if I bill and dont get paid I can write the time to bid and expenses to do the job off. Cash system cancels that out?

Why go through all the complications of breaking out expenses and profit on each individual job? List 'em up for the year, income in one column and expenses in another. I don't necessarily need to break down the p/l on each and every job. It all goes in the same pot. ;)

It has been a productive day :) Just finished data entry for the final receipts of 2008. Now I just have to put all the numbers in the tax program for the 1099s and taxes etc and we are good to go. Then make the new spread sheets for 2009 :)
Katy is busy making candles, and the heart one came out pretty :)
I think we will be making a web site for them to sell some. I'll post it in here if we do if that's ok with Butch :)
Well in a different thread .. LOL

I would be a little more aggressive with the collection but they have distance on their side. It is a property management company and they are located in Riverside which is 350 miles from me.

if I bill and dont get paid I can write the time to bid and expenses to do the job off. Cash system cancels that out?

I would imagine that Canadian and US tax codes are similar so yes and no. You are in essence still writing off your time and expenses under the cash system by writing off your compensation and all expenses at the end of the year, eliminating the need to break it out by job. It makes book keeping simpler and in the end gives the government a smaller apple to bite at. I was advised to use the cash system by my accountant (well worth the minor expense in my opnion). I'm sure there are advantages to using an accrued system or whatever they call it, but I would imagine most of us have small enough businesses that it would not be beneficial.
Why let them have a bite at 100K and deduct 5K in bad debt when you can give them a bite at 95K and still deduct all or most of the 5K under wage and materials expenses?

so is that 24 or 46 pounds per tire? didnt relize that stuff was so heavy!

It's 46 pounds per tire. Heavy stuff. makes a heck of a counter weight!

Went down hard last night!!! I guess it's the flu. Stuff comes out of one end and you feel bette, twenty min. latter you are running back and it's coming out the other end! Did that from eight until one this morning.

Need to get the tires back on the rims and on the mini, not sure that is going to happen today!

Rim is fixed, tires mounted and back on the machine. I'm wupped!! I think I would rather change out a car tire than one of thos lawn mower tires!! At least I didn't have to rope these to get them to bead up!

Ha, upgrade? No. Expand the fleet? Yes.

That 550 looks sweet. If I could find something like that local right now, I'd scoop it up in a second.

There are a couple of large chip trucks up for sale. Load them with wood and put on a snow plow? Nothing like double duty:lol::lol:

Gotta go 4x4 around here. I could do some treework right now in all my sparetime but I'd never get my bucket truck back up the hill.

that 550 is sweet other than its gas. the v10 is supposed to be nice though. 1k cheaper than my 3/4ton dodge was 4.5 years ago!

It's 46 pounds per tire. Heavy stuff. makes a heck of a counter weight!

Went down hard last night!!! I guess it's the flu. Stuff comes out of one end and you feel bette, twenty min. latter you are running back and it's coming out the other end! Did that from eight until one this morning.

Need to get the tires back on the rims and on the mini, not sure that is going to happen today!

Rim is fixed, tires mounted and back on the machine. I'm wupped!! I think I would rather change out a car tire than one of thos lawn mower tires!! At least I didn't have to rope these to get them to bead up!

Sorry you feel poorly. FWIW, the flu doesn't involve the squirts or puking.

Sorry you feel poorly. FWIW, the flu doesn't involve the squirts or puking.

I don't know what it is, just wish it would go away!!!!!

I watched the tires this afternoon. One was fine, the other seemed to be going down. :X
A trip to WalMart and a bottle of Slime should cure that problem! If not, I know where to get more!!!!
I hope I feel better in the am. Wood run at 8am. Mama had an "epiphany" last night. She figured out how much money I can make on wood. She sold two rick at her work. All of the suddeden it's ok to have wood in the yard. Amazing what happens when it's "their" idea:?:lol:

Haha, looks like you're starting to get the hang of this marriage thing. :lol:

Another 10 or 20 years and you'll have it all figured out. :/: ;)

Worked on cutting up slabwood for firewood at work today. Dug out the 32" bar to reach as far as I could into the bundle. Makes a lot of firewood in a hurry.:)

I've been moonlighting at my old mill job. Even though I don't really work there anymore, I'm the preferred Wood-Mizer operator. I've been quarter-sawing sycamore, and it's quickly becoming my favorite wood. The pic isn't great, but it gives you the idea of the grain pattern.

Attachments

• dsc01581.jpg
    dsc01581.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 44
You just never know what you're going to find in a log. I'm going to salvage some short pieces for some projects, and stash them in my house to dry.:/:

I've found bullets, chain, big lag bolts, lag hooks, lag eyes, porcelain insulators, nails, staples, barbed wire, nails, rocks, nails, small lag bolts, bottles, and a what may or may not have been the remains of a possum. Oh, I almost forgot, nails. You can saw through all of them but the porcelain. It destroys the band and brings things to a stop with barely a scratch on it.

Back