How'd it go today?

I've heard that suicide is painless and brings on many changes but who knows.

It would be my luck I would just injure myself badly:lol:

Been pricing tires for the mini locally. I can get them for $32.50 shipped to my door off the net. Locally it's $50 to $80 plus tax? Then you have to pay for the foam filling.
I am really trying to shop at home, but they are not making it easy!!!

I heard something about 40 virgins...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1uwOL4rB-go&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1uwOL4rB-go&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No work this week . Basically the "big three " is on vacation or something .

Soo I figured this to be a great time get some of those saws sitting in my shed done .One today ,a Stihl 028 Super ,busted rope pulley .12 bucks parts and back in service . Not too bad of a cutter for a 3 cuber .

Back to work today!

Cleared about 600' +/- x 25' understory trees, and a couple 20" DBH's for a new house/driveway for an excavation buddy. Fed the chipper with a Deere 50D mini x, so wasn't too bad. Muddy as hell, had to pull truck/chipper out.

This morning started out shitty though, leaving my driveway (it was a sheet of ice) and it's a hill. At the peak 4x4 just wouldn't climb ice, all 8 tires locked up and I'm sliding backwards, jackknifed at the bottem and nearly missed the Toyota by inches.

Only good thing about the rain is I get to spend more time with the kids and get some of the paper pushing done.... But I really need to work. I been out of the loop too long.

My bid for today's work was nearly half the bid of the next lowest, which was less than half the highest bid(highest bid was 4x my bid).

Including drive time I made 138% my hourly rate, can't complain!

Found my tires, $34 each local:D
Cut into the rim on the first one:cry: A buddy is going to wire weld it for me in the am, then I can put on the new tires, save a bit more and get them foamed.

Don't know that it helps but I get my tires for $18 or $22 a piece, can't remember which.

The best I found on the net was Surplus warehouse at $32.50.
Either way, once foamed I shouldn't need tires for a while! Just not sure how long I'll have to wait for that, foam is $1.50 a pound here. It's $69 a tire. Unless I can find "someone".................

Got my daughter picked up and spent a little time with the grandkid. Went to the post office to get the mail and I have been expecting a check for sizable amount of money and they said they wrote it on the 23rd but I haven't received it yet.

Isn't it amazing how slow the US Postal service becomes when someone claims to have sent you money. Sometimes it is worse than the pony express.

Steve, when you call them back next week they will 'discover' it laying on the foyer table waiting to get put out in the mailbox. :roll:

Good luck with it. I'm still waiting on the final $200 for a job I did last September. :what:

I sent a pleasant reminder to one of the two accounts that I have outstanding from 2008, let the fellow (another company I subbed for) know that my company policy is collection agency at 60 days, we are at about 42 days now. He seemed eager to pay up before Vinnie and Bruno go see him. :D

Waiting on a 300 and change and a 100.00 balance since about the same period there Brian and Steve. Wrote off more last year though so I can't complain:dontknow:
Went by the 300 plus one today to try and collect again.. They must have radar. Not present at the office :what:

Ha, I once waited in the lobby of a high rise foist thing monday morning till I saw the fellow I had been dealing with who hadnt paid yet, it was him and I on a very quiet elevator ride to his floor, when we got to his office I asked him, 'are you working now?" he said yes, so I began my bill collecting technique. Got a check the next morning. Looking back I coulda handled the situation better, the mistakes of youth.... :D

Something about a big guy who just looks like he'd come back and drop a tree on yer house, I suppose... but I don't get stiffed.

On questionable accounts I have worked late to make sure I was there to collect. Its kind of hard to shaft someone when they are standing on your doorstep after just watching you drive in your driveway.

The best I found on the net was Surplus warehouse at $32.50.
Either way, once foamed I shouldn't need tires for a while! Just not sure how long I'll have to wait for that, foam is $1.50 a pound here. It's $69 a tire. Unless I can find "someone".................

so is that 24 or 46 pounds per tire? didnt relize that stuff was so heavy!

I've parked behind them in their driveway so they couldn't go anywhere until they'd dealt with me.

Once, in my younger years. I backed the chip truck up to the garage door and threaten to give them their tree back if I didn't get paid.

I'm not proud of that, should have read into the situation more.

Back