How'd it go today?

I actually got to work today! I cut down this nice tree for no good reason other than arborphobia. An absolutely 100% healthy live oak with no defects, only in need of some minor line clearance pruning and some corrective pruning to fix previous bad cuts. But it was slated to go so I took the money to kill it. Was bigger than I thought, about 24" dbh. Took about 90 minutes from setting up the bucket to making the stump cut. I also trimmed two palm trees and did some minor elevation on three other oaks. Started at 9:30 and was on my way home by noon.
8)

Brian, too bad about the healthy oak tree, but at least you got to work.

Darin, I would expect this to be a perfect time to get a deal on a new car, what with the economic state and end of year.

Nice day got in the high 30's ,sun ,not bad .

I got about 8 saws up and running for an upcoming GTG .One to go ,bull headed 2100 Husky .

I reprimanded it with severely but it just turned a deaf ear to me .:(

Nope, haven't been too busy Stephen. Finished the floorboard of my bucket truck today. I took some pictures, i'll get them posted in a bit. Did a couple of bids today, the people have no money. Happy New year everyone.

Threw a track on the grinder when turning on a chip pile. I snagged a side root and the track was a little loose. So All I needed was a couple of sockets and a pry bar.

Pry bar was on truck, but no tool box. It was 30 miles away in the garage. Always go prepared.

Sears gets a visit tomorrow for a toolcase to stay in the truck. 1.5 hour job turned into 4.5

Oh yeah when rotating tires on japanese trucks the drivers side is left handed thread.

Looked at a little clearing job, 1000' of driveway, gotta do 1/3 of it. Start next week. Then did some plumbing with my buddies father, and picked up some chains for the saws. I cannot find anyone around here who stocks 63PM, he handed me a 63pmc3, I laughed.

Jobs are getting smaller here too Steve.. Some just don't have it, some are waiting till after Jan. Had a few no pays this year also that I would have bet they would pay. Still reworking my schedule on the clearing work to see what I have.

On todays side. Was a great day for the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's house with the family :) Doctor also gave Katy a clean bill and did a couple tests on Lilly. I will work on some simple stuff tomorrow in the fire zone. Then go from there as I am also taking New Years day off unless a tree drops on something or someone ;)

Destroyed the plow mount on my truck last night. Catastrohpic destruction, major surgery going on today/tonight to get 'er back up and running. I'm hoping I'll get some warranty on this as there's zero damage to the plow or truck(I didn't hit anything except snow). I'm pissed off right about now, plow has just started it's second season. I beleive a weld failed on the drivers side and that caused the passenger side to shear right off, we'll see what Western(plow manufacturer) thinks about it.

any pics of it Squish? Just for the morbidly curious. Hope it gets fixed right and swiftly for you.

Had a good day of burn piles and brushing today until we got rained out. Left it with the home owner that we can come back tomorrow if he so desires. Took a couple of 1/2 dead pines down for him also today. Field drops right next to the staged burn piles. :)
SO more brushing tomorrow if the rain clears (supposed to) no matter. I am about two weeks behind schedule.

Destroyed the plow mount on my truck last night. Catastrohpic destruction, major surgery going on today/tonight to get 'er back up and running. I'm hoping I'll get some warranty on this as there's zero damage to the plow or truck(I didn't hit anything except snow). I'm pissed off right about now, plow has just started it's second season. I beleive a weld failed on the drivers side and that caused the passenger side to shear right off, we'll see what Western(plow manufacturer) thinks about it.

That sucks. It must be faulty manufacturing. I've hit some stuff pretty hard and never done damage like that. Blown seal or a ruptured hose, but never the mount.

Damn, squish... that sucks hard.

Mike, really appreciated the help tonite. Thanks, bro.

Well I just got the truck up and running. My buddy has some pics that will be getting e-mailed to western and I'll get him to send them to me too. When I get them I'll post 'em. I'm hoping it's stronger now than before.

Beat, and more snow on the way.8)

Cut down the trunk of a loooong dead elm next to a house.
DBH about 4" and solid burr all the way through to the top. If it had been fresh, it would have fetched maybe 10 grand, but it was almost totally rotten, just a small post of solid heartwood left.
Now instead of making money from it, the owner will have to pay for removal.
What a pity.

10 grand seems like a lot of money for a 4" DBH tree. You guys must be really hard up for wood!

Back