How'd it go today?

A friggin gully washer out side, supposed to rain all weekend. O-well I guess I could use a couple days of....

Oh great day .After waiting since April my geothermal unit finally arrived last week .I finished it up today ,works great . Whiskey for the men,beer for their horses .:)

Well, it's been raining here all day so I'm not working. Which is good cause I got pretty hammered last night celebrating my birthday.... and kinda woke up late, in the wrong town, hungover, and next to my hot ex girlfriend.:D

Boy was I glad it was raining this morning!;)

He he, The Branch Doctor was a baaaaaad birthday boy last night.:evil:

My problem with letting the vet do it, and this may sound weird to some. The place I want to bury him is an hour and a half away. And that is the place that he loved to roam around and play.
Maybe I am making too much of this, but he is still somewhat mobile once he is up he can get around. I just thought it would be nice to let him be out there one last time, and leave him there?

Well, it's been raining here all day so I'm not working. Which is good cause I got pretty hammered last night celebrating my birthday.... and kinda woke up late, in the wrong town, hungover, and next to my hot ex girlfriend.:D

Boy was I glad it was raining this morning!;)

He he, The Branch Doctor was a baaaaaad birthday boy last night.:evil:

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!! There is ALWAYS a reason they are EX's:\:
It might have been a fun night, but it doesn't sound like you will remeber much of it and I hope you didn't bite off a chunk:lol:
Happy B-day man!

My problem with letting the vet do it, and this may sound weird to some. The place I want to bury him is an hour and a half away. And that is the place that he loved to roam around and play.
Maybe I am making too much of this, but he is still somewhat mobile once he is up he can get around. I just thought it would be nice to let him be out there one last time, and leave him there?

If he's at the point where it is time 'to go'....an hour and a half ride doesn't sound like the best thing for the dog. He loved to roam around and play, but he won't be able to get the same enjoyment out of it as he once did. He needs his master, you, now. If it's time, that's all he needs.

Andy, I'm also going to have to side with everyone else. It's ok to accept a little help with a difficult task such as this. You don't have to shoulder it all yourself. The vet will know how to handle this as I'm sure he has to do it once in a while. Let him help you and Wolf at this difficult time.

Cover your ears, this may sound bad.

Take him on that last walk, tire him out, when he's napping in the sun you put him down with a .22 or a shovel.

Or pay the Vet and bury the ashes out there.

Or let the dog just keep living, Does he still smile, or wag his tail?

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!! There is ALWAYS a reason they are EX's:\:
It might have been a fun night, but it doesn't sound like you will remeber much of it and I hope you didn't bite off a chunk:lol:
Happy B-day man!

About 30 years ago I ended up in my ex-girlfriend's bed one night after a halloween party at her and her sister's house. Woke up in the morning and she still had her witch make-up on from the night before and I was really hungover. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Cover your ears, this may sound bad.

Take him on that last walk, tire him out, when he's napping in the sun you put him down with a .22 or a shovel.

Or pay the Vet and bury the ashes out there.

Or let the dog just keep living, Does he still smile, or wag his tail?

Not cruel. Kinda what I was thinking. Yes he still tries to be happy.

I would definetly not use a shovel.:(

I was recently down this same path as you know Andy. Different reasons but same end result. A dog is a best friend, whatever route you go make it as peaceful as possible. As in, if you do it yourself don't screw it up.

Hmm shovel... that just might work for my dilemma. Haley's cousins are visiting and they are all resisting sleep in Haley's room. My wife and my sister in law went to work out at the gym leaving me alone with the rugrats.

I took down a box elder tree today. Fixed a leaky hose in my boom and I'm really tired. $33.79 for a 3/8" hydraulic hose about 3 feet long with a swivel on each end.

Hmm shovel... that just might work for my dilemma. Haley's cousins are visiting and they are all resisting sleep in Haley's room. My wife and my sister in law went to work out at the gym leaving me alone with the rugrats.

Enjoy those times OM.

All the crying seems to be over and the house is quiet now. I tried to separate the kids into three different rooms to no avail. The cousins are in one room and Haley another. Haley thought it was horribly unfair but the three of them just can't seem to settle down in the same room. The fake crying was pathetic. I tried my favorite "What is that annoying sound? Wow that really hurts my ears, I need to go somewhere else," and then walked away, wit limited success because Max the eldest agreed with my and walked out of the room to, making his sister panic and follow him out crying all the way.

All the crying seems to be over and the house is quiet now. I tried to separate the kids into three different rooms to no avail. The cousins are in one room and Haley another. Haley thought it was horribly unfair but the three of them just can't seem to settle down in the same room. The fake crying was pathetic. I tried my favorite "What is that annoying sound? Wow that really hurts my ears, I need to go somewhere else," and then walked away, wit limited success because Max the eldest agreed with my and walked out of the room to, making his sister panic and follow him out crying all the way.

The law of unintended consequences applies to children also.

Wolf is done, he has given up, you can see it in his eyes and now he just lies there and wimpers. He wants to go.
I thought it would be nice to give him one more moment in the sun, and help me be at more peace knowing it was good time for him. But he won't make it.
We are going to try and get into the vet in the am.:cry:

Wimpers?! How sad. Is he hurting? Did the vet give you something for the pain (his)?

Darin, did the kids like the jello shots?

Back