How'd it go today?

I used to play with my father. After I started winning all the time, it wasn't as much fun as you might think. Probably been 20 years since I played chess.

One of our favorites was shooting pool. We eventually had to switch to 9 ball so i could get a shot every couple games or so. Straight pool or god forbid 8 ball was just pointless he would run the table so well. There's nothing in the world more frustrating than someone seemingly having nothing but gravy tap in shots done incredibly softly, and all you can do is sit and watch your ass get handed to you in slow motion :lol: i eventually got him, but it was years later.

He had a full size single piece slate table in his basement as a kid, which eventuality came to our place when we were growing up. Complete with ball return, whole 9 yards. Apparently he used to pay his bar tabs by shooting pool :lol: I remember when i turned 21 i realized bar tables are miniature. Ironically it was most often used as a clothes folding station :lol: He even had the ping pong top for it, but we very seldom used it. I would love to get one in the future, but i would need a much much bigger house.

Mixed day. Work was routine. Got a paying gig to remove wood on a neighbor to the office. Looks like it might be $300. That's what the guy threw out, after asking me, and me basically saying 'frig if I know'. Depending on how clean I make it, it would probably be few $k for you guys to do it :^D Screw it. I'm only in this for the lulz, and we'll call it a learning experience. I'm pretty happy running a saw.

There's a shitload of basically whole pines that got pushed up against the woods edge, at least two dead pines that should be felled, with one being super sketchy. The guy wants everything gone. Super sketch will be last, and maybe never depending on how safely I can do it. Maybe brushcutting the whole patch when done. It's a lot of weight I'm gonna have to move without equipment. I should be able to use the farm burn pile to ditch it, but the woods is rugged getting it out, and I have to get it to the burn area. I need to study it more, and see if there's a clever way to get longish logs to more convenient area for cutting/removal. Maybe a wood haul road and some ropes/pulleys?

I'd have gotten you all a pic, but my phone was awol. Went back to the really nasty job full of stickers I was at today to look for it. No luck. Went home to get my other phone to call it, and on the way back to the job, decided to give my phone a ring. It was right next to me next to the seat :bangshead: I mean it's cool I got it back, but it would have been cooler to find it right off the bat, and only slightly less cool to have called it while I was sitting in my driveway, instead of waiting til I was ~5 miles away :^S

Been some slow days; still tired all the time; unlike me.
Heading in for the stress test and all on Wednesday, hope to find out what is up with my heart.
Still got a tree that had split taken down and hauled for a friend, and a few days of moderate garden work.
Time to take the hoop house down now that risk of frost is behind us. And, time to put up the berry cage as the blueberries are flowered and starting to form, and the strawberries beneath them will be along soon too.

I realized this place is divided. Either by politics or covid vaccine bullshit. What would Butch do? He would can the BS. Ban the trolls. Support his comrades from either side.........lest we still continue with it. Im not sure I belong here anymore.

I realized this place is divided. Either by politics or covid vaccine bullshit. What would Butch do? He would can the BS. Ban the trolls. Support his comrades from either side.........lest we still continue with it. Im not sure I belong here anymore.
Wrong thread?:dontknow:

I forget about that stuff in non-relevant threads.

Yep...I just don't even go to some threads...look at some of them sideways, from the corner of my eye. It's better to avoid direct eye contact sometimes. A friend of mine had a boxer, nice as could be...until you looked him in the eye. It was like the end of the world after that. Some things are best avoided.

Looked at some funky-shaped dead, rotten fir removals today.

I thought a plumb bob (throw weight and line) on a stick could greatly improve the effectiveness of the instrument.
The longer the stick, the more effective.

Watched two hours of boring videos and took an open book “test” so we could work at a chemical plant. Get there and they basically tossed it out, admitting that their safety policies don’t pertain to us and they have no idea what our safety standards are. Asked me to write up a JSA. Got one out of the truck and wrote it up with the crew and their reps. Needless to say the plant safety guy was more than impressed. Also had our grapple truck blow a tension pulley that flew through the radiator and our morbark decided to have the drum disintegrate today. Different sites thank god.
Took my oldest to her ninja class. Basically a cool obstacle course that keeps begging me to partake but I know better. The. Spent a few hours making up new curse words replacing the rear rotors and pads on my personal truck. Poor thing is stored outside and hasn’t gone through a tank of gas since July. Need to sell it because it will cost to much to not drive it.

Back