How'd it go today?

Very nice Rich!

Just got back from tsc, had to cut my own wire rope there for them lol. Waiting on the rain to stop so i can go build this stuff on the trailer. Planning on using it tomorrow with a chain fall to move a chicken coup for my father in law, since their tractor loader can't come close to picking it

Last edited:
Kyle...what...build it today and use it TOMORROW??? A project like that I figure at least WEEKS on it!

Oh the entire thing won't be done, just enough to use it to rig with lol. On the job most Chicago booms for lifting 1k I rig up take about 10 min, and half of that is finding the materials and components :lol: Just like work, I'll be using chain falls to do the lifting.

Jerry, that typo put the weirdest picture into my mind.
I can't remember the name of those long neck mussels you pull out of the sand, fry and eat.
I think Burnham had a post about it once.

We could do with some of that rain, too.
I paid a neighbour farmer to spread some fertilizer on my hay field.
Doesn't do much good when it is bone dry.

Hope you get better fast.

Razor neck clams, that was it.

Mick, those Dactylorhiza orchids are only found in very wet and nutrient poor places here.
My hayfield is neither.
I got lots of wildflowers on the other fields, that we don't fertilize.
Unfortunately our horses are not the hippie kind, that can live of off flowers.
We need hay.

Trimmed a cherry in my front yard today. It's one the birds planted, and it's kinda sprawling, and pushing up against my little white oak. I was only ~10' off the ground, but it gave me a chance to tryout the BRW rope. I'll need some more time with it, and do some real climbing, cause it seemed "alright" to me. Same as my km3 is "alright". No real problems, but nothing amazing either.

Skinned up the tree pretty good from my boots. Might be cause it's spring, and the bark's more tender; dunno. There's also a fat limb I want to remove, but I didn't have the chainsaw with me, and didn't want to spend the time cutting a 6" limb with my silky. I was debating on it before I climbed, but decided to leave it for the time being. When I got up there, I saw it had a split in the bark; probably from being twisted in the wind. Makes it easier to decide to remove, though it should be fine for a good while.

No children last night or this morning. Had a good nights sleep. Went and grabbed a load of mulch and came home to cook breakfast for the wife and I. It sat on the warmer for a while after I finished cooking😉. Then we mulched the flowerbeds. I did a few other things while she went and picked up the heathens. Now we’re all just relaxing

KB, just now had a chance to check out your indoor removal pic above, great pic! Have you ever removed a palm, I 'm wondering what it was like?

Rich, Hella Home!! Wow.

Stikine, great pics! Those sea lions remind me of the 4 manatees I was hanging out with today, it was amazing

CV, damn that rough, having to work instead of resting. We all do it but yeah it definetly sucks imo

Well, it felt good to get it done. Changed the oil and found a leak. The oil pressure switch was the culprit. Had to buy local generic and rewire it. Changed the chipper blades and set the anvil that needed done. Then oil change on the 4x4. Drove out and gathered water hoses for fire on Monday. We have rain coming in tomorrow. Who knew :dontknow: . Of course Rob came back to the shop with more repairs after scoring some cedar and pine logs. Time to weld the forks for the mini. Welds are breaking. So he is going to prep the metal tomorrow, and Ill weld it up maybe tomorrow afternoon.

The forks should be high carbon, so be sure to run low hydrogen (fresh 7018 ) and do plenty of preheat before welding it.

Back