How'd it go today?

I threw my back out this last weekend,

I generally take as little medicine as possible but Ive become a fan of using muscle relaxers as needed for 2-4 days if the back goes out badly. Did you find climbing helped loosen it up?

No lol. The original injury is right between my shoulder blades, it gets so tight there he often can't even get it to move. Any picking up or holding motion simply makes it worse, which is about everything i do all day :lol: Next my body tries to assume different postures to relieve it, which spreads the messed up to the rest of my back. So right now my lower back is also giving me fits, complete with pain shooting down my right butt cheek.

I also am very anti medicine, and have never even tried muscle relaxers. Maybe i need to, but I'm not sure where to even go to get them. Seeing the chiropractor definitely fixes the problem in time, and i need to start going more often to stay in adjustment, rather than waiting till I'm bound up and can't move. I also say that everytime, and yet here i am :lol:

Mine has gone out bad many times over the years. About 5 years ago, it went out bad, I was outta work for about 4 days waiting for it to get better, finally said screw this, went to ortho guy who gave me the dope, it got better fairly quick and I got back to work. Since then, I keep the pills on standby, I've probably used them twice since then, they worked each time.

Raining this morning, so I put the coffee on and my wife and I went and sat on the porch swing. We kept hearing an unidentifiable sound from the back of he house. There are some feral cats in my barn, and I just thought it was one of them carrying on. A few minutes later, I heard a deer blowing down in the woods. It continued quite a spell. Then the noise from the back of the house got closer, and I identified it as a fawn bleating for its mama. Less than five minutes after we identified it, the fawn comes running around the house, passing within 12' of us on the porch swing. I jumped up to look around the corner of the house to see where it went, then as I turned back, saw a huge coyote at the end of my driveway. I reached inside the front door and grabbed my rifle, but he took off..... Now I've got to go bush hog the field down so I can keep an eye out for him.

Last edited:
Kyle, I learned the hard way to go to the chiropractor at least once a month even if I feel no pain. When I pinched my sciatic nerve that convinced me. The pain was so bad I wanted to saw my leg off. Don’t wait till you’re crawling around on the floor begging someone to put you out of your misery. I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just do what I tell ya... :D

Only getting sound here...but I did see your video on FB. It is a very good shot of "long lasting lightning"...the one that took out all the lights.

Tampa, FL is supposed to have lots of LLL...I stayed there in the 70s for a few days...lots of cool thunderstorms, every day. I learned at that time they were famous for LLL. I just googled that specific term....not finding anything now. Maybe LLL is now called "mega-flashes"...they just had one in S. America that was 440 miles long....and lasted many seconds. Just read of a strike a few years ago that lasted 16 seconds.

Well lightning struck me 3thrice last night and this morning. I got home after a 120 mile wild goose chase to find 4 cars of teenagers playing volleyball in my backyard so I double parked against my own vehicles. All good kids parking properly and playing nice so I don't mind. I slept through my alarm, my wife is on laundry strike I guess (unemployment is ruining her), and the automatic shifter linkage broke on my truck. Luckily I have a manual transfer case and could push it out of the way. I ordered the parts already but have to climb today and tomorrow. 15974200198155965511542192365286.jpg

I was able to read my cd from the secretary's Win10 machine. Doesn't work in linux or WinXP, but does in 10. Not sure what's going on there, but the job's a new bridge job, so that's kinda cool. Looks pretty easy, and not a ton of road work. Wish it was starting a couple months later though, so I could layout LOD without leaves on the trees.

Kyle,
I agree with Jim on the benefits of sciatic nerve stretch exercises.
Especially look up the "piriformis muscle stretch".
Great for the mid-to-lower back. Chiropractic wasn't getting me any relief, and that and a few other stretches have given me a ton of relief.

That 'between-the-shoulder blades is more difficult. I feel for you with trying to lift anything.
I have a vertebra at T6 that slides forward out of place, and there's no way chiro can put it back. It's usually about three days before it settles down

Looks clean. You've been on a good run finding nice saws. I don't see anything around here. I'd like to find a cheapish 50cc saw for work, but I'll probably end up getting a new echo 490.

I’ll always recommend an 026- ms260 or 261. Can’t really go wrong with that 5 year warranty the Echo’s give for non-commercial use, and I don’t believe I’ve heard anything bad about the cs490. I want an Echo 2511T.

Kyle,
I agree with Jim on the benefits of sciatic nerve stretch exercises.
Especially look up the "piriformis muscle stretch".
Great for the mid-to-lower back. Chiropractic wasn't getting me any relief, and that and a few other stretches have given me a ton of relief.

That 'between-the-shoulder blades is more difficult. I feel for you with trying to lift anything.
I have a vertebra at T6 that slides forward out of place, and there's no way chiro can put it back. It's usually about three days before it settles down
My chiro taught me that stretch. The one video I watched to see what it was didn't show taking it even further to where you bring your knee to the opposite shoulder. You can do it sitting in a chair too. Knee to shoulder really stretches it.

Back