How'd it go today?

He shot a hole in a perfectly good water bottle.

His justification??

It was warm....and people dont like warm water.

Checkmate.jpg

I saw s light flashing in the night sky. It looked just like a strobe light like what you would see on a plane, but it was really small and high. I could see no other lights. It only lasted for maybe 10 flashes then disappeared. I'd guess it was moving as fast as a satellite. Must have been space junk spinning and reflecting sunlight.

Perseid meteor shower was last night, could that have been a factor?

I went out to look for meteors, but this was too consistent for a meteor and without a trail. I wondered if the space station was sending a signal because the flashes seemed just a little too long for a strobe. It Also followed a straight course much too slow for a meteor, more along the speed of a really high plane or satellite. I was probably seeing rotating solar panels relfecting light.

Beat me to it.

It was at it most active last night early this morning. I was out on the decking watching them till about 02.00

Saw a few shooting stars and a few just repeated flashes in the same area.

For anyone complaining about the heat, next summer will be hot, the next one, too.

You won't deal as well as when you were younger.

Glaciertek.com coolvest!

Even my seriously chronicly cold, poorly-insulated GF likes them on a hot day. Likely the coldest-blooded person I know.

Could've used one today Sean. Clearing fenceline again, and almost fell out. Got done, and barely had the energy to get back to the truck, and almost threw up when I got there. Starting to feel a little better now after lunch.

I could, too.
Heat wave is making me work slower than usual.
Means less income.

What model do you use, Sean?

If it’s like other addictions, the temptation is always there in varying levels of severity. More severe when stressed enough to want an escape, or when very bored. Glad you held on though, you’d hate yourself tomorrow if you did.

Got a free quart of bar oil today. I wanted to trim some trees over the fence line, but when my truck went into the shop, I didn't grab my oil or fuel. Had to break into my emergency can of TruFuel, but still didn't have bar oil. Went to the shop where I bought my brushcutter, and the counter girl was on the phone. I was looking at the various brands when the manager walked in, and asked what I needed. I asked about the prices of the various oils, and he said they were about the same. He picked up a bottle of Shindaiwa oil and gave it to me, no charge. I balked a second, and he said "You bought a brushcutter from me, right?". I said "Yup", and he wished me a good day, and I left.

Not used to stuff like that. I guess that's the benefit of using a real dealer instead of a box store.

Sean, how long into the day does the vest last until needing to be 'rejuiced'?

Sean, how long into the day does the vest last until needing to be 'rejuiced'?
website says up to 2.5 hrs, and a colder booster pack is available to help the normal packs stay cool up to 45min longer. Looks like some sort of special chemical that tries to maintain a certain temp as it melts or something, the regulator being the process of melting. "Recharges" in like .5-several hours in icewater or fridge or freezer, so keep spares in a cooler and you're good for a days work.

Well put, 26 weeks today without drinking. Want a drink about every 20 minutes from 11am on. Wasn’t in a bad way, just a very high functioning alcoholic seeing how long I’ll go.
Quitting drinking is easy ... I’ve done it 100 times :D ... I haven’t touched the sauce in months ... dropped 25lb of lard so far ... eating healthier and poundin the weights ... It does take awhile for the brain to readjust though especially if ya drank like a fish - dopamine takes awhile to come around 12-14 month ... better off with the greens 🥬 imho

Back