How'd it go today?

It is interesting how the change of perspective makes that not very big top look huge as it falls.

Well, I guess there's virtually unlimited things I could do, but I was thinking 'nature provided' :^D

I do like doing things myself, but calling an available skid loader is sensible. I'll already be on the edge of my skill set, and I want to concentrate on doing the other stuff correctly without getting clever building anchors. Might just use the skid loader as an anchor, and use my massdam. I'd kind of prefer it, so I could feel how much energy is needed to pull the tree over. It's all hypothetical. I'm anticipating the wedges working fine. The pull's insurance to back my lack of experience.

I think my day's coming soon. Fridge is at least 30 years old. Dryer already died, and I'm trying to live without it. Washing machine's getting old too. House appliances aren't fun to buy. They do pedestrian tasks, and you're paying a bunch of money to get what you already had :^(

Yeah, kind of a foul rub.
The house came with new fridge 14 years ago. Alas.. she gave up the ghost. Well, started to anyway. Sounded like a vehicle limping along short some cylinders.
Anyway. Best we get is 10-14 years thus far on stuff.. Stove died first. Also came with house. Washer, dryer, dishwasher ....... Most new when we moved in 2005..
We have a horrible dust issue here in the hills surrounded by dirt and critters. Wreaks havoc on electronics. Among other things.

A 30-year-old fridge is WAY inefficient. I'd upgrade toot sweet!
At ~10¢/kwh, the door would have to be missing to 'make money' on buying a new fridge. I always get smiley faces on my monthly energy report from the company...

a50oxTC.png

For some reason, my sleep is all frigged up. I can't sleep at night, and when I do it is fitful and I sleep until 11, 12, 1 pm. I used to be able to blame it on the chemo, but I'm off that. I even take Ibuprofen and a pain pill before crashing but it seems to have little effect on me. I are with sadz... :(

I seem to switch with the seasons. Up at 4 in the summer and crash about then in the colder, non-working months.

I've learned to stay away from electronic screens & TV for a couple hours before I want to sleep...I think they keep the brain too active or something.

That sucks...I usually run through a couple breaks on an instrument in my mind and drift off...well, it works on the good nights.

I was that way when younger. Never let the crew have a radio on when I roofed, but I always had music going in my head...I can shut it off or turn it on now-a-days though.

Back