How'd it go today?

What is it with Americans?

Seriously, good for you Randy and the others.

I do sometimes wonder if some people chuck the towel in a bit early on alcohol, bit more work, bit more training....

It pissed my dad off that he wasn't able to drink. He call it "being allergic." He'd lose his mind almost every time.

Just friggin' awesome, I guess.

Seriously, good for you Randy and the others.

I do sometimes wonder if some people chuck the towel in a bit early on alcohol, bit more work, bit more training....

It wasn't the alcohol that really messed me up Mick. Yeah.....I drank more than I should probably, but never got shit faced. It was all the other stuff. Speed, coke, pills, etc......

I just thought I was smart enough to self medicate myself......you know, something to get up on, something to crash with. After doing that for twenty odd years I was pretty trashed.

Coke is life damaging when you really get a taste for it, lots of my mates assume just because they can afford it, it’s ok to do all the time.

It was the mechanics of it that pissed me off, constantly having to have another line to keep the momentum...

Ecstasy was easier, one pill and you’re away for the night.

But then...the internal recriminations.

I don't function as well, the next day, with alcohol at night. Sometimes that okay.
Mostly, I feel best bringing the A-game. Keeps me unhurt.

I see it destabilize people a lot.

Where does one find a decent bucket?

Damn I had a straight cherry ALC rearmount I sold to BrendonV 5years ago, he sold it after a couple years, got a spider lift instead.

My garage door opener died on the vine after about 35 years on the job

Al, much respect re how you can work on the old as well as the new

I just love tree work

You rock, son!

You're not kidding burned wood is no fun. I've logged burnt wood before and ended up with some sort of infection in my eyes/lids.

Damn that is nasty. I had no idea but I can see it

Rich, make sure it's not a tick-borne illness bringing on the fever and aches all over

We had the starter on the bucket truck start on fire while boom up in the middle of a removal. It was awesome. Nothing compares to looking down at the truck pouring smoke.

We had some twigs and leaves fall down the narrow crack between the cab and the body of a bucket and it rested on an exhaust pipe. Caught fire while driving. Kinda scary.

I got a cool letter of gratitude from my former-employee who returned back to wildland firefighting for USFS.

Hi Sean,

I hope all is well back on the rainy side of the state! I am writing to express my gratitude for the learning experience you provided to me. Thank you for going out of your way to teach me safe and efficient techniques even though you knew I would be leaving soon.
After working with you, I see tree work and arboriculture as an extremely fulfilling craft; I am excited to further hone my skills. Your professionalism and commitment to safety and efficiency impacted me greatly.
I have been designated as one of the lead sawyers on my crew this season, and I've already put into practice techniques and habits you taught me.
Thank you, again.

Put a smile on my face.

Good stuff Sean, glad he's doing well.
Any luck w new employees yet? Sounded like you need a keeper or two IIRC.

I’m all agog for the final between Spurs and Liverpool in Madrid.

Kick off 9pm CET.

None of which matters to most of you, but that’s ‘how it’s going today’

Back