How'd it go today?

We used to have a contest to see who could carry the most 8' 2 x 4 studs from the stack, into the house we were framing. One guy that worked for my brother would always win. He could carry 26 studs.......two stacks of 13. That's all he could get his arms around. LOL

BEAST!!!

I used to do stupid chit like carrying a 90 pound jack hammer up a 10 foot step ladder to drive ground rods .Father time catches up to all of us .

Most of us were young, dumb and full of cum at some point.

The first time searching through the phone book for an osteopath/chiropractor usually sorts that out.

Yeah I've worked around guys that would carry up to 8 inch pipe up ladders to hang it, they never last long. Thank God I'm a wimp!!!! I'll still do 4" tho (100 pounds a person), that's kinda expected.

Sean, congrats on your guy getting in, tell him to get everything ready cause when they call they usually want you the next day. And also tell him to save money, because he will be laid off from time to time. It's the game construction workers play. Also tell him not to go out and buy nice stuff once he's making money, without fail the work dries up the moment you sign the loan :lol:

Sprinkler fitters are nuts to begin with. In the days of screwed pipes they'd ladder that stuff up with block and tackles and hang two 250 pounders on the end of a compound wrench with another bouncing up and down on the handle 25 feet in the air to screw it together .They never had very many on the job either .Unlike regular fitters who usually had plenty of help .

You aren't kidding Al about sprinkles being nuts.... and uber strong. I was once doing 4" sch 40 with another guy, we would shoulder it, walk it to the scissor lift, then both of us would lift one end on the 4x4 lift(tall lift even when lowered). A sprinkle came up and asked if we needed a hand, right as we got the one end on the lift. He calmly bent over and grabbed the other end... one handed.... while carrying a bundle of pipe about 2 foot around on his shoulder by himself... and proceeded to toss the 200 pound pipe on the lift like it was a broomstick. Effin beast.

The first time searching through the phone book for an osteopath/chiropractor usually sorts that out.
But it's usually too late, even if the osteopath makes a good job, the body keeps hidden but deep scares for life.

I was a small week at my parent's home with my youngest daughter visiting at the same time. First day, I dismantled a leaning birch. While I was up there cutting the limbs, her husband came nearby with the baby and said to him something like : look what Grandpa is doing !
Shit, that's right, I'm a grandfather now, but hearing that without warning is a little harsh !:D

I had a pretty interesting job this morning. Full sized white oak leaning over house with a dozen or so large branches broken from the recent tornado and hanging by a thread. Some just piled up like a bird nest. It was quite the puzzle to figure out. We had just about every rope and piece of gear out. Set up a pretty sweet zip line for half of it. Couldn’t have done it with out my kick ass ground crew.

Ground crew is Key.

I'm getting good reviews on my crew at this one place and in high hopes of making myself less available.....
...management success level Tom Sawyer.

Scored 7 stumps for a client who always needs them done in three days but never asks for a quote....
and I've been pushing the price boundary and they just keep calling.....

I swear... someone told me... Just show up and do what you said you'd do...
under-promise and over-deliver and VIOLA..... Repeat Business..... Reliability counts.

Our 1-ton is like weeks away from disintegration but still holding in there.

Back