How'd it go today?

On a lighter note, haven’t heard back on the underwear, kinda disappointed but not sure I want to sext with her?

The ice skating rink that is SE Wisco is getting old I even studded my mini tracks, huge difference.

Stay strong and positive Butch and Stig

Different chemo concoctions have different weird friggin' effects. I'm slowly discovering them.

Sorry to hear.

Just looked at another tree on house job. This one is easy. Uprooted in a wet spot, slight lean, plus mucho snow.

Have a broken locust on a house to deal with tomorrow.

Groundman is out of commission right now.

I was sent to an easy emergency job first thing. A beanpole aspen that was held up by a maple over a walking bridge. Nice rigging points to lower it gently to the side for another crew to come clean up. Grabbed my bag, shot a few lines, and realized I was missing a few pieces of climbing gear. Went out to the truck and started looking. Called back and asked if my HH was in my bag. NOPE all you have is a hitch climber pulley and a hitch cord, plus a load of caribiners. I’ve been bounced back and forth between trucks and crews that I lost track of my gear. Well I had a wrench and tether. First time was not low and slow but it worked flawlessly, except for the foot locking ascent. I spent two hours tonight rounding up my gear. All good now. After that job I went back to the poop plant to continue the clearing work I’ve been doing. Fences are coming down tomorrow and I should finish this week. There is one more section to do but they are weighing the cost difference between doing restoration twice and bat surveys to clear it in the summer. After that I get put back into gas company ROW. Also we’re going to finish our job a week ahead of the original schedule before our start was delayed by two weeks. Basically we’re finishing an 8 week job in 5 weeks. I’ve already hinted to the boss that my guys should get a week off paid. Also it’s the first time in 17 years another company has been awarded part of this contract. I think we are making a damn good showing of ourselves.

I would finish all shit plant work before summer, don't ask me how i know...:/: You think it smells bad now, just wait till heat and humidity do their part!!!!

Good stuff Mick. I love the silent communication from your lad, 'this one too?' Yup, stuff it in. Lol.

I hope your lot sells fast V so you you don't have to agonize over it. And for top dollar!

So last night I have a couple of beers in the shop while doing so I'm looking at my plow mount, and the 'shoes' that attach between the mount and the plow which are removable for the off season with pins are frozen on there. And I mean frozen. So out comes the torch. Nothing withstands the torch! Heat and beat turn into f-ck it and cut it. Also re-broke my little patch weld of the crossbar. Sh-t was not perfectly square and I couldn't live with it like that. I gotta get a new bottle of gas for my mig too as it ran out and my weld was well....terrible. Lol.

IMG_2016.jpg

That's just your normal victor oxy/acet torch kit. Had it for a number of years now. Only issue I've had with it was a clogged tip once. If I could go back in time I would've bought it about a decade or two earlier in my mechanical life. Nothing comes close to the heat wrench for making sh-t happen when it seems like it never will.

I'm determined to become a better metal worker this year. Learn about welding and cutting. I'm sure before long I'll have some questions for a few members here. I just have that torch and a small/medish mig welder weldking migsonic 145.

http://www.weldmart.com/techtalk/?p=92

An application of heat in the right spot works better than 1000 gallons of rust breaker.

Set screws are the worst. People either round them out or break off an allen wrench in the screw.

Just a little dab of heat and they will come right out. Folks think that a torch is only good for the last resort....no. It should be what a person tries first...or at the latest second.

In the days of the plasma craze, people forgot just how useful an oxy-acetylene rig really is.

You seem pretty accomplished now Justin! This is a good site to ask questions though.

I'm a crap welder though. Never had anyone show me. But with the interwebs im going to make a more concerted effort to develop a base line skill.

I had a buddy of mine who'd used torchs his whole life 'teach' me how to use a torch, then I went online and discovered he didn't know sh-t lol. I have learned to be decent with a torch. But my welding has got aways to go.

I've learned now if at first a bolt or whatever doesn't move, get the torch! Yah leaving it to a last resort is stupid and wastes a lot of time, effort, and potential destruction. Just add some heat already.

Back