How'd it go today?

By on a turn table, do you mean you can point the in-feed to the sides? If so it seems like a great idea. We don’t get that stateside. I can only think of one model that did and it only went curbside to 45*. In fact I think CV’s chipper does. I have a BC1250 with curbside I’m selling. Great feature even when set up off road to help with feeding.
I can also agree with the timing being off but having to jump on a good deal. Hope it serves you well Mick

Do you need to grease the heck out of something like that?(turntable) Does it gum up with dust and debris or is it sealed pretty good?

The Vermeer pivot slides on HDPE pads, similar to the inserts on my bucket truck outriggers. No lube, just a very hard and slippery plastic to minimize wear.

The whole chipper, engine, rotor housing etc. Can (manually) rotate on the trailer frame to one side or the other. I think it’s on a slew, like a digger.

Saves unhitching it to face the work when you’ve backed into somewhere, ostensibly it’s sold as a safety thing for roadside work.

You do have to grease it, but it’s probably more important to ensure it’s locked in position for transport.

One time we were chipping and I went to pull the truck up 20 feet... I'd just hired on and never worked with a chipper that rotated before. Sooooo, as I carefully pull the truck up I'm looking at my mirrors and as I was looking at the wrong mirror the catty-cornered chipper body didn't respond like I thought it would and it kept going to the passenger side of the truck. This all happened in just 10 or 15 seconds... by the time I looked at that mirror - it kissed a mailbox.

I was all like WTF MANG! I hadn't seen them rotate it and like I said I'd never seen a chipper (12" Vermeer) that did that. Lucky it was just a mailbox! :|:

Yes, but it blew my mind how the chipper didn't follow behind me like every other chipper I'd ever towed always did, lol. I learned about curb-side chipping models that day!

The Vermeer pivot slides on HDPE pads, similar to the inserts on my bucket truck outriggers. No lube, just a very hard and slippery plastic to minimize wear.

Vermeer does say to spray the slides with a lube. I like a dry film teflon spray.

Stopped at my moms only to be handed my old Sheridan series C air rifle. It's good to have an old friend back in my life, it's been 30 some odd years.

That's awesome! While cleaning up at my mom's house today, I found my old Daisy Model 25 pump-action bb gun. It's about 50 years old; still pumps but I don't have any bb's to shoot.

That's awesome! While cleaning up at my mom's house today, I found my old Daisy Model 25 pump-action bb gun. It's about 50 years old; still pumps but I don't have any bb's to shoot.

LOL yeah I didn't have any 20 cal pellets either. Must be find an old air gun day.

My buddy, George, in the 60's had a Sheridan pump....probably 1965-69 or so. It shot 5mm pellets. I had a Crosman CO2, 22 caliber...10 shot magazine. We did a lot of shooting back then.

Good score for you. A good friend, Don, borrowed my Crosman a few years after I got out of high school. Don got married and drifted away...so did my gun.:?

hahaha...I have thought about it. He probably has it...he was a stand up guy, probably just forgot it was in his closet.

It would be a good excuse to renew an old friendship.

Back