How'd it go today?

By on a turn table, do you mean you can point the in-feed to the sides? If so it seems like a great idea. We don’t get that stateside. I can only think of one model that did and it only went curbside to 45*. In fact I think CV’s chipper does. I have a BC1250 with curbside I’m selling. Great feature even when set up off road to help with feeding.
I can also agree with the timing being off but having to jump on a good deal. Hope it serves you well Mick

Yeah, mine has Curb side. Little story like Micks. Forgot I had it turned once. Not all the way, but like 1/2. No mail boxes were injured. But man was it tracking weird. Then the light bulb over my head clicked on....doh!
Now, remembering that experience has helped me a couple times while trying to position it at jobs. Sometimes you just can't get that proper backing angle with a long wheel base truck. But if you move the curbside, you have rear wheel steering in some cases. Saved my bacon once in a leech field that (septic lines). Had some how cleared all the service caps only to get sort of wedged in. Tried backing out, kept lining wheels up for crunching things. Remembered the turntable. Steered the chipper over and out. Then the truck. Handy little feature.

On the Vermeer, yes. It basically pivots the tongue of the trailer. The chipper body is solidly mounted to the trailer frame so you have to pivot the entire frame, including axles.

Ok, I only knew the turret system too.

Often enough now, I dream of tree work and that's a problem to wake up in time some days. You know : no alarm signal from the usual stupid /strange subject of the dream.
Sunday morning, I was trimming a plum tree in my dream. But curiously, at the same time, I knew perfectly well that I was dreaming that. Then, I questioned myself "can I finish the tree before waking up ?" Answer from myself : " no if I want to keep enough time to go to the grocery store". As I agreed with myself, I closed the dream and went out of the bed.:D

i generally don't dream... (or technically, don't remember them -- I hear everyone dreams). I think my subconscious realizes it is a non-reality and dismisses it as unimportant.

chilly morning here...draft inducer motor went out on the furnace.

I used to have dreams of falling off certain sections particularly challenging roofs over and over until I''d wake up one morning and have how I was going to do it safely all figured out.

Draft inducers were a big part of my motor shop. Older ones were an easy fix. New ones are moulded together. And so many different ones.

Frigging old truck is nickel and diming me a bit. Fixed the plow mount up yesterday and did a oil change, fuel filter, and full greasing. And found one of my tierods bad. Of course it's the long bar super expensive one(right outer 95 f350 4wd) so off to the parts store when the woman got home and today I've got to run it in for a alignment check I think. I lined things up real close to where they were but better safe then scrubbed off tires I think? Alignment check is expensive nowadays, be a $100cdn scheckels easy I bet. :whine:

Had to get the chip truck unstuck after dumping last night on the way home, no ridicule needed. Chips came in handy -- just enough frozen snow to glaze the tires on an incline, prevented traction. Just before, I saw a deer fresh struck and the vehicle that hit it + a sheriff. If I would've been empty, I would've offered to take the deer. I guess I could've ratchet strapped it to the top of the chipper...

I had a bit of a frigged up day.
Went to the hospital this morning for my next 3 day set of chemo.
Well, it turnes out that their version of Agent Orange has managed to kill off all the baddies for now, but unfortunately most of the friendlies went down the drain as well.

Can you say: collateral damage!

So I'll get to wait another week for the good cells to rebuild, then another dose of Agent Orange.

Since I couldn't eat for 3 days after the last treatment, I hadn't shopped for dinner.

So I marinated some Tofu and fried it with mushrooms and Savoy cabbage, all of which were in the fridge.

About 20 minutes after we went to bed, the mail order bride aid:" I need a bucket".

So I hurried downstairs, grabbed the new bucket we use for washing floors.
While I was struggling to get the attachment for wringing the mop dry off, I heard a nasty sound from upstairs.

Can you say: projectile vomiting!

She had managed to spray the wall next to the bed for almost 7 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After wiping it down, I realized that with the color and texture, I could have let it dry, sawed out the drywall and sold it for a fortune.

Can you say: Jackson Pollock!

In a while I'll go up and put a wet cloth on her forehead.

I had taken tomorrow off, and bought ferry tickets for a small island off the coast of Sealand.

That is not going to happen.

Tough day Stig. Hope things look up for you quickly.

Bad news on the furnace, looks like space heaters through the spring.

Long as I can keep the plumbing from freezing I guess I'm happy...

Back