How'd it go today?

Thanks for the advice on my dead pine Sean. If it was a removal, that's what we would have done in all probability. But for the time being I had to remove the hazard over the driveway. The paddock over the fence is on an different property, It will take them some time to negotiate with the neighbours to drop it and burn it...so at least now they won't get conked by cones and rotten limbs.

I have to admit I was a bit of a tree hugger on that job, did it yesterday, was still quite tired from the day before. It was probably the tallest tree I've done work in, AND dead...I took it slow, methodical...lanyarding in all over the place going up. I was happy to get the top out and be on the way down.

Yah Jed keep 'em coming. I really enjoy your pics and description of the day's job.8)

Yeah... Cheers Justin... I'll send you a message over on the other thread.

Fi: Good work. Sometimes, the steady pace wins the race. I've seen a million dummies race through a job thinking that they were just killing it, only to break something expensive on the last chunk. Oh, hang it all, I AM that dummy.

Haha, say it isn't so Jed!
I never race, probably why I couldn't work for a commercial outfit, I'd be too slow!

I was supposed to go to a meeting with the RR to bid another ROW clearing ( clean up) for them but got a phone call at 5:00 am from the RR rep canceling. He just told me he had an emergency to take care of today. The boss decided I could go work on a ditch cleaning project for the county. Digging with a bobcat E80 mini-excavator isn't bad. Did all I can do till the gas company inspector shows up to watch me dig over two 20" lines. I feel like taking a nap but that probably wouldn't look so good if he shows up. Of course I'm not sure that playing on my phone will look any better.

Never had it that I know. Must be unpleasant.

A old friend came by and paid me three hundred bucks for replacement lids on a septic system. I left some firewood for him along a road in front of a vacation home job site. Nobody home, he drove onto the property and on his way out loaded, ran over all three large ground level lids and cracked them all into pieces that fell in. :|: I told him I'd pay half to help mitigate his too expensive firewood, but he was intent on paying. Asphalt and fiberglass lids were replaced with steel ones, some compensation for the homeowner's association chiefs panicking like it was the end of the world. Just glad he didn't crack the concrete pad supporting the lids.

Ha, for some odd reason I never thought of the towels. Guess I wasn't stressed enough like everybody else. I rushed and made some plywood ones as a temporary replacement until the ones I ordered came in. Couldn't have someone falling in. If it was my house I might have just slapped some varathane on them and let the wood suffice, they looked pretty good. Nobody complimented and the steel came in three days later.

Found out this afternoon I have to take my Sister in to the hospital at 4am Monday for spinal surgery.

She also asked me to assist her through her recovery as she doesn't trust her son or man friend to do it.

Looks like I've got a fun filled week or three to look forward to.

Glad I have the ability for her to depend on me when needed.

Evidently they are taking out some old cadaver bones that never grafted in from an operation 3-4 years ago and replacing them with her own from her leg or somewhere. So in essence they are fixing their own mistake...:X and of course charging for it.:X:X

I'm thinking....never go to a doctor without a lawyer on retainer....

Best of results for your sister, and take care of yourself too while taking care of her!

All my best to you and your sister, Dave. You are a good brother for sure.

I hope that this time together makes what already sounds like a pretty good relationship even stronger.

Hope things go well for your sister Dave.

Had a fair bit of work lately and with the moving thing been feeling a bit worn out so thought I'd get a check up. Blood pressure is good, same as last year.

Had an eye test, still don't need glasses and everything is ok. Put the dentist off till next week.

Steve, always a happy thing to have good results on a physical.:D

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I'm not informed yet of how long she will be in the hospital, all of what is involved in recovery, or how long that will last...just glad we live next door to each other, so I'm easily available.

So far I only know she'll need a lot of help, like dressing, changing bandages and neck braces, etc.

No doubt that you are an irreplaceable (five attempts to spell that word) entity for your sister, Dave. Great of you to be there, but you probably don't think it is anything special. Good luck to her for sure. It's hard but also can be interesting, sometimes learning of what your capabilities are when it comes to helping take care of a loved one.

Your correct Jay, I look at it more as a duty. My sister is younger than me by 2 years and we are the only two left of our family. It is a given that I will do what I can, or have to, to help and protect her.

Brought a couple chainsaws in to get shipped to Oregon this morning. Now waiting for a friend to show up and we are headed out to pick some music at a gathering. Hope we find some decent pickers to jam with...I'm all up for it...:/:

Found out this afternoon I have to take my Sister in to the hospital at 4am Monday for spinal surgery.

She also asked me to assist her through her recovery as she doesn't trust her son or man friend to do it.

Looks like I've got a fun filled week or three to look forward to.

Glad I have the ability for her to depend on me when needed.

Evidently they are taking out some old cadaver bones that never grafted in from an operation 3-4 years ago and replacing them with her own from her leg or somewhere. So in essence they are fixing their own mistake...:X and of course charging for it.:X:X

I'm thinking....never go to a doctor without a lawyer on retainer....

The last line is easily the quote of the month... probably of the year.

Well done Dave. Hang in there.

Back