How'd it go today?

He's not in a grunge band, so duct tape wouldn't work. I inlayed a piece of wood and reinforced it with another piece from the inside. I came out better than I expected. There was extra space to work with from inside that the controller didn't need, which made me think that they hogged out too much wood when manufacturing. I could offer my services for instrument repair, but if someone brought in a s Stradivarius, I'd hate to blow it.

You can get a pretty good fat thuddy acoustic bass sound from an electric, but it doesn't have the same stage presence.

I've seen guys spend thousands on electronics trying to get their stand-up to sound like a stand-up over a sound system, but insisting on using a pick-up instead of a mic...it reminds me of when digital music first came out and I could hear the little squares of note changes because the bit rate was too slow...I still prefer the richness of analog recording...by the same token, you can reach an approximate tone that mimics a double bass with an electric, but you can not yet get it to sound true (there is a "hollowness/echo, and certain overtones missing)...but they are getting closer with the new "acoustic image" amps, and improved preamps, pick-ups and signal processing they are using on some of the new Stick basses..

Cottonpig prune. Homeowner wanted a prune as an alternative to a ($10,900.00) removal. The first shot is what it looked like from inside the tree when I got up into it. The rest are the "after" shots with Jeff the dragonator posing by the butt for perspective. This guy's insane... I would rope of limbs so huge that I was scared for my three-strand, and this guy would pick the entire thing up off the ground and march it 40' to the chipper. He never cut-up a single limb.

unnamed-127.jpg unnamed-128.jpg unnamed-129.jpg unnamed-130.jpg

That IS a huge and ugly tree. It does look like y'all crammed Jeff into that brain bucket. He is a stump puller kind of guy...good to have around.

Helped a neighbour the last two days who has a client (his lawyer) lives 1-1/2 hour drive away (each way).
Said neighbour has no business quoting or doing treework. Grass cutting is his forte. One of his two guys was completely useless.
I've worked with all kinds, but this was the plumb laziest individual I've ever encountered. (Would sit around and look stunned every opportunity he got.....while everyone else worked). Two day job. 5 box elders in various stages of torture from a storm a few weeks ago. No crane or bucket access.
Without my Hobbs and miniskid I'd be lost.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Man, them Petzles are just short-bus helmets. I hate em. I just run the wide-brim ones cause I'm a wanna-be faller. Trouble is... I don't look any better in mine than he does in his. I'm a little skinny guy... Maybe we should trade. :|:

Put my back out leaning over to fill a saw , spent the day with heat and ice and feel no better. Chiropractor in the am. Anyone want a work-cation for two weeks?

Put my back out leaning over to fill a saw , spent the day with heat and ice and feel no better. Chiropractor in the am. Anyone want a work-cation for two weeks?

So very sorry man. I did it reaching for the toilet paper two weeks ago... limped around for two days off a that one.

Pelorous: Nice work.

At least you know why/how/when you threw your back out...

I hate it when it just comes outta nowhere!

Stinkin Firpig smashed the lady's house again. The first company that took all the stuff off the roof didn't want to deal with the log, just because it was hung-up on the house drop, so we took it over. When I saw the thing, I though, "Man, why didn't they just buck the stupid thing down from the root-wad since the entire weight of the log was already resting on the lines?" Well... our boss sprang for this forklift that Andy ran, while I tied into the little Dogwood (pink leaves to the left in the first image) in order to buck the log off. Anyway... the forklift made it go a lot sweeter. Thanks Andy!

Then we had to go all the way (from Seattle) to Issaquah, to do a ton more stuff. Long day... the boss got us pretty good. :(, but we always get him back. :P

unnamed-132.jpg unnamed-133.jpg unnamed-134.jpg
Andy contemplates the carnage.
unnamed-131.jpg

I've been really enjoying the posts here and on the work pictures thread lately too.

Another day passed without hearing anything on any of several things I've been waiting on. Probably go through some pricing and start selling off equipment in the next few days...got to make some kind of move...stay tuned...:/:

Back