How'd it go today?

Split the rest of the firewood, I had laying around. Now the neighbour's daughter can stack it up, so the place will look nice and purty for prospective buyers.
Funny to think I'll never be splitting wood here again after doing it for so many years.

Sure put a LOT of work into fixing it up.
Seems like I'll get a decent amount of money for my work, though.
But bittersweet is right.

After re roofing the barn in 2013 I decided to sort the workshop out a bit, so I built a workbench. As a complete novice at DIY an all that when I came here 8 years ago, I'm really rather proud. Total cost €120.00

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 53
Will it be tough kissing it goodbye stig?

This is my first place. It really rounded out the way i envisioned it from the beginning. I feel like its going to be tough to move on when the time comes...almost like i want to take it with me.

Not really.
I so happy to be starting a new chapter, that it pretty much drowns out all the sad background noise:)

A better mouse trap maybe ?

Last night I was having a smoke in the garage and noticed a danged mouse in my wood rack .I also noticed a gavanized steel garbage can .The wheels turned, smoke rolled out my ears .

I got a hand full of cashews and tossed in the garbage can ,pushed it near the rack and layed a couple nuts in the wood to whet their appetite .Sure enough three mice in the can this morning. How 'bout that:D

Found one in my 3 gallon bucket in the pantry one time... Then it hit me... Bait it... :D

Hey FFZ.... you should get a CS mill and make some planks and legs.. Stout bench ;)

Took out this leaning little pig of an oak today with Rob and Kat on ropes. Tiny LZs all over a shop roof. Junk everywhere. Thank the tree gods there was a taller tree next to it. Set an adjustable block and tagged the shat from over the roof. PITA..
What looks like a tin can below me is about a 5000 gallon steel water tank they think they might save for irrigation.
IMG_0266.jpg IMG_0267.jpg IMG_0268.jpg IMG_0269.jpg

And yes.... It cost them dearly ;)

Drove an hour down shit roads to pick up my co-worker this am and nobody there?!:X Oh, at his girlfriends and will be down in an hour or Two....:banghead: Then it's another 1 1/2 hours to the job.

Decided it was better to call it off for the day as it would hardly be worth putting in a half day that far away.

Went to breakfast with the Boss before the drive back home. First words out of his mouth when he sat down were "Do you want me to fire him? I can have someone else start tomorrow." The kid is his nephew and I told him that would be his decision not mine to make. I'm sure they will have an interesting conversation later today; glad I won't be in on it.

We set off this morning. Calling for snow. Chipper froze up, ashly brought me some 911 and it thawed out. Three maples, down, wood hauled by noon. Good day.

Ground a boat load of large pine stumps and cleaned them up before the storm, perfect frozen conditions.

B what is 911?

Diesel 911. Thawed out the fuel lines. I didnt run the machine after i put in the additive the other day, probably had some ice crystals in there. This stuff makes it happen some how. It wouldnt rev the last 500 rpms it needed, smoking, pita.

Conditions were great, can drag some big shit right over the grass today. Prob wont work the next 3-5 days, suppose to be a chiller!

They always impressed on me if you're going to hoot with the owls you gotta soar with the eagles .I've done my share of hootin but I could always soar too .Felt like chit though .

Just got home. 20 hrs, sitting in a truck pushing snow. Not cool, nor fun. Been up since yest morning, weird how you don't feel tired.

Drove by your trucks about a zillion times cory. I was on route 1 duty from bpt to wesport.

You were having fun, you just don't know it:D

What the hey were you doing way down here?

Back