How'd it go today?

I know you guys like your stumps high, but this is overdoing it, even for a west coaster:lol:

Life is good for you brother. Savor these moments. With kids, each new day brings something new and leaves behind something you loved from yesterday. Honestly. Every day its something new and you will find yourself wishing they wouldn't grow out of yesterday.

I know you guys like your stumps high, but this is overdoing it, even for a west coaster:lol:

I took the extra four foot stump for marginal error in case... Concrete driveways are expensive ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0289ed.jpg
    IMG_0289ed.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0282ed.jpg
    IMG_0282ed.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0284ed.jpg
    IMG_0284ed.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0285ed.jpg
    IMG_0285ed.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 83
I figured it was something like that.
But why miss a chance to jerk your chain:D

Knocked out some work yesterday and today, working at a Park that its worthy to note was prepared, hard working, appreciative, helpful, and even made sure to keep giving us bottles of water. We noted that one of that parks's rigs had a Drink Water sign on the dashboard. Sunny and a slight breeze after the marine cloud layer of the morning burned off.

Spent several hours on the road, getting home just on time, only because we busted ass all morning so we could be at home tonight in Oly. Day trips to local parks tomorrow. Two green trees to go for road access to a construction project for an install concrete cxt restroom with a boom truck... 10 dead trees to go away, and some hanger for the next two days. Last time I was at that park was a fiasco...dead, dead, rotten trees on a steep, slippery slope down an old volcano crater with a nice lake in the bottom- life in the Cascades.

Got rained out from last night's storm. Showers today. Storm last night soaked all the rigging left on the site I am doing, those two trees on bad slope. Got the bigger one down and mostly yarded out yesterday. Last night mucked up the site bad. I climbed the slope and pulled the gear this morning. We will make a serious erosion issue if we continue unless it dries out. Give it a week or two and it should be ok. Ropes are all drying out at the shop and off to another job I go tomorrow. Some clean up of some storm damage we staged out on a large parcel we care for. HO pulled all the wood so now I chip the little stuff. Going to have to use the mini to get the chipper back into it. Ahhhh the joys of weather.

Removed 16 Cedrus deodara to make way for a new market parking lot. Very heavy limbed trees, the crane operator can't see you once you get lowered. A sacred tree in India, so trying to be respectful when killing and cleanup, but not exactly sure how to be.

Banged out a decent silver maple next to an uninsulated primary today. Everything on that side had me a little jumpy. I got up on the 3" wood and tip tied everything and came down and cut it really butt heavy. Told my groundman "Let everything run like a dart straight down quickly or I'll kill you"...... he did a fine job. I was about 8 feet from the line. I was confident in it, but the limbs HAD to drop straight down and back into my lowering crotch or Id have an issue on my hands. Nailed it in 2 hours and was on the ground sawing wood happily.

Don't get too rich too quick - it'll just spoil ya!

:P

That'll be the day.:laughing6:

Don't know where those two weeks went, still catching up and heaps of calls so been pretty busy.

Good week, so while I was on the go rang last night and committed to a job I've been putting off.

Nice guy, I was there a few years ago but a crap job. Took me three and a half hours just clearing vines, now I can get to the two trees I have to do next week.

This morning is just one of those you just would rather not have to go to work.... Oh well... Mistletoe job, two trees over a large shop. One more than 1/2 done... some light rigging. I would rather just go out and play today... Oh well... Need the money

Damn... ! That is a score!

Finished one tree of mistletoe today.. What a mess. Then rigged out a limb over the same building on another tree. Had to cut and pitch a lot of stuff out from over the roof, no good rigging point or clearance. Whooped. I go back tomorrow and finish the last tree of mistletoe and handle the final cleanup.
Dropped my damn climb line when I was working on a limb walk trying to redirect... Grrrrrrrrr.. Pissed me off. Told Kat she could go look at a prune with another customer from next door and I had Seth there in case I needed something. Poor kiddo just could not toss the throw line high enough. I could have done an ALT set up with my flip line and an additional prussic.. But crap.... So Seth went and got Kat, but the neighbor (a friend of ours and I work him from time to time) had to do the toss :lol: I had just sent down the pole saw as well... Could have maybe reached it with that. Worked out though.. Just pisses me off when shat like that happens.. TG that tree is done.. It was a PITA! Did I mention sky lights????

30 wt hydraulic oil is what it is. Runs great in saws long and short term. Used to use a ton of it. A buddy works for an elevator company and when they build elevators and they over order how many drums they need, the remaining drums are to be disposed of. Not to be kept or returned to inventory. He legally sells them.

fwiw I haven't bought bar oil in years. I replace the hydro oil in my gear more often and run the old stuff in my saws. The creamier it is (more water) the better!! I don't begrudge changing all that oil in my wheel loader any more.....

What Rob was working on while I was playing in mistletoe....
HO wants the tree saved. I wish Rob had gotten before pics. Ceanothus surrounded this tree. you could not even get to it. Two large leaders down. One over the neighbors fence. Rob has the site all prepped (with the use of the Dingo). Now I can just climb the tree and rig the limbs.... Some of the brush needs to stay for neighbor screen. Some of the brush he moved was 15' around and all of it had to be taken 600 feet out into a pasture through 3 gates.

Attachments

• IMG_20130510_155231.jpg
    IMG_20130510_155231.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20130510_155148.jpg
    IMG_20130510_155148.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20130510_155208.jpg
    IMG_20130510_155208.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 60
Spent all day doing estimates, a first for me. I'd rather be in the trees! At one I saw this:
uploadfromtaptalk1368310639793.jpg
It was brought out to do the tree we looked at but wouldn't reach :)
Cool rig none the less.

Back