How'd it go today?

I guess the marble is to provide weight to the bag which is put on the mailbox, not in it. Is this so?

When I worked one tornado I saw people with gravel, ziplock bag, and flyer hucking them onto driveways.

This ol' timer i know brought by his saws for some look over and maintenance. He owns some mountain terrain and is regularly up there doing cutting, and has a lifetime of experience. He and his brother were the first guys I worked with doing removals here, and he's the first person I ever saw riding the crane ball. He told me that he was moving in on 80 years old, but since getting some new knees, is in good shape and still very active. Not your stay at home type, either always in his rice fields or up at his mountain. He was wanting to use the 038 magnum, so he left off his 046 magnium in exchange for awhile. We trade off saws over the years, it is a bit hard to remember which was originally his and which was mine. I keep them all in good order, and it makes me happy to see him leave in his truck with good condition saws, and he much appreciates it. Kind of hope he doesn't hang on to the 038 for too long, less power than the 046, but i think the 038 is a better balanced saw with the 28" bar, more compact as well. One of my favs. He'll bring it back, heavier saws are starting to be a bit of a problem for him, I never heard him complain before. A classic mountain man dude, getting harder to find. His wife is a hell of a cook too, a very sweet lady.

Yes, social security has been around for quite awhile. Social security and a good public health system, but the country is now way past worse than broke. Speaking of short on money, TEPCO, the outfit that operates the nuclear power plant that blew up after the tsunami, just announced a fiscal year revenue loss of eight billion dollars. No doubt that they will be raising rates, or they already have.

I think that Japan somehow sustains it's own debt, possibly something to do with almost zero interest rates. You can borrow money basically for almost free. The debt is becoming non sustainable however, they have to get something going. Japanese people have incredible money in savings, probably the highest in the world and in the trillions, but they won't spend it.

Great day.
Met treelooker today at a FL champion tree the Cellon oak, got my first Wraptor ride (I am hooked. :D) Paul that is one awsome unit.
Removed some moss and some small deadwood looked over the cable and lightning systems. Amazing tree and it was a pleasure.

It is already. Most of my prunes are done with my wife and often I get down to help with keeping things organized then back up so yea it will be on my must have list this year.

so true, so true.

If there was a financing company set up to finance wraptors, Paul would sell a ton. Sometimes its a chunk to set aside the initial investment money, but it will pay back quickly.

Effed up my one ton dump. Its a 97 350 DRW and I somehow destroyed the one rear drum assembly. Blew the brake cylinder in the drum, while also breaking both shoes, some springs, and the backing plate that the drum brake parts connect to. The backing plate is dealer only and it looks like its going to be an expensive piece of metal.

Too late for me to buy parts. Mechanic has it. But I am not stressing. My mechanic loves me and treats me like a king. Last week he did 2 ball joints, spindle bearings, and front end u joint for $350 total. Around here, that's considered a gift. he very rarely charges me full price, if ever.

Did the lint covered ficus tree today...hotel laundry was pumping warm dust laden air over us for the whole job...wish I'd had a face mask...subbed for a landscape company, young fella I had to run the rope (light rigging) really picked up instructions quickly, ended up giving me orders, wait, rope not tied yet, ok, ready...he was obviously enjoying himself, actually listened to the safety briefing and my instructions! Very encouraging, I hope he sticks with it.

Right behind the honkin' great laundry ducts that had no covers on them.

Wednesday, trimming coconuts, the Jamaican gardener cut the tops off some nuts for us, delicious refreshing FRESH coconut water, yum.

For Chris (Tucker) .... here ya go buddy... Your old 044 was caught slaying a pondo today :D ....
Well, at least the last 70 feet of it.. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0281ed.jpg
    IMG_0281ed.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0271ed.jpg
    IMG_0271ed.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0277ed.jpg
    IMG_0277ed.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0278ed.jpg