How'd it go today?

bruce-lee-apprv.gif

I think Bruce utilized a few different styles, possibly ones of his own making too. Apparently he was frequently getting into real fights when traveling in Hong Kong, guys wanting to challenge him. Coming out from eating in a restaurant and some fighter would be outside taping his foot, the sign of wanting to engage. Bruce would knock him through a fence or something, then carry on. Kind of tall tales you would think, but his student, James Coburn, talked about it. Mixed styles might be harder to defeat? Maybe it was a good thing that Bruce passed away early, all the highly trained people looking to suffer him, a chance to become the next worldwide star.

Nobody ever was or ever will come even close to Bruce Lee. He is the Jimi Hendrix of martial arts.

Out of all the cool people who died around then, I've always wondered what would have happened if he didn't.

I like Keith, but it bugs me that he says Led Zeppelin was a crappy band except for Jimmy Page. Kind if jealous, like he needs more money?

This morning I thought I'd got my hearing back!

Since that was obviously a miracle, I was contemplating making a pilgrimage to Compostela de Santiago in thanks.

But then Richard came over and told me the muffler on the weedeater had rusted through.

Bummer!

Last edited:
Hand pruning, thinning a large Pittosporum tobira...just after flowering, springtime, so its full of bugs and old flower bits...I itch all over, I swear even after a hot shower my skin and scalp still feel like little buggies are crawling over it!

Went to a very good lecture on bugs this evening, lady from Pennsylania, Buglady Consulting...really cool macro photography...showing beneficial insects predating on all the usual ornamental suspects. Refesher for some stuff, learned a few new things too. She was a great presenter, very engaging, no slow spots.

Little Dingo tore it up yesterday and today. Big ol grey pine yesterday. Split in two. Each side we had to yard out of trees. Leaders about 8-10 feet up in the air.. Dingo just took load after load of it. The ALAP cut (16" high) weighed about 700#.
Today was old dead laying everywhere covered in vines and grass.. and... All snake habitat... Had to chase a few rattlers out.
No need to stick our hands and feet in the nasty mess....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KaXtgp7kfoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool. mini looks like its working out well.

Still looking forward to getting one, someday.

Felt really good to kick some butt stripping two cedars behind the house, prep-ing for the crane. No place to set down trunk wood with limbs still on it. Speedlined 3 long tops over the house, after lots of limbs. New guy on-board today. He did 3 hours yesterday on a small pruning job, and got 10 hours in today on a big job.
Tomorrow is stripping a 40" x 100'+ cedar, readying it for craning out logs. Another super tight spot for the crane. Eric will use a rental Genie lift to canopy raise about 20 trees and remove some others while new guy Dylan runs the speedline on the big tree with me.

No pics, unfortunately. Amy has the camera on her trip with baby D to OK, visiting family until tomorrow. My week of 'Bach'-ing it comes to a close.

I have to make a road trip about 70 miles south to pick up a load of chainsaws .Don't have a clue what they are yet .

Between map quest and a Garmin I'll find it .I can't figure it out ,at sea I can navigate or used to be able to .On land my sense of direction sucks .

Ha, I used to go fishing with someone like that. He was in a chopper crew in Vietnam but could not find his way anywhere on ground.

I found that out the hard way after we nearly ran out of fuel going to a secluded trout camping spot he'd been to before. We'd still be paddling back except his wife had told me once he couldn't read a map and had no sense of direction. I managed to get us there and lucky there was a couple of guys there that lent me some fuel to go back and get more, an hour and a half from the boat ramp and another half an hour to fuel.#-o

I had enough to last us two weeks plus there and back to start with.

Yesterday was an 11 hour day pruned two walnuts, three sugar maples, six silver maples, cabled/braced a silver, removed a silver, and decked up the logs for my buddy to pick up with his log truck. I have to go back and grind four stumps on that job and three stumps on another job, plus run an esti for a repeat custy and get one of my truck into the shop for work and still do some work on saws and stumper teeth.

I can judge direction but some how get all a screwed up with distance and road signs .

Some times they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree .In my case I inherted my fathers knowledge of mechanics but my mothers sense of navigation which wasn't very good .

I had a blast today, I've been hanging out in south Louisiana working with Keith and crew. Today was a day off, so me and Keith went water logging with a buddy of his, pulling old sinker cypress logs outta the river. I had a blast, something different, and real peaceful out on the river. We ended up pulling a big 50' cypress, actually closer to 60' but we cut the stump off. Along with a nice 14' cypress.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369014228.610055.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369014244.012170.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369014270.955949.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369014287.475542.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369014302.583934.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369014316.158859.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369014329.803581.jpg

His buddy just mills it up and uses it too build things for himself or gifts for people. He's making me some picture frames as gifts for people out of the pecky cypress.

Back