Happens every year

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Here's a couple of pics of the storm damage in and around the russian river area. It happens every year. Personally I couldn't stand to live under those trees.

Every year is right. Build a house in amongst large trees, and wake up with a smashed house.

That's an incredible failure...

Musta been a hell of a storm.

I see this quite a lot myself. During one of the big storms last winter, trees fell on every house on my street except mine.:D It's not that I don't have lots of big trees, I just cleaned them up - took out the dead wood and thinned them a bit. I also applied mycorhizal fungi to the soil and did some aeration. It cost me about 3 days of work on a dozen firs, but saved me tens of thousands. This cobblers children don't go barefoot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like we're in for another one. There's people still out of power from the storm we had last week.

It's times like this I'm glad to live in town.

we were out of power for a day. My 3000 watt generator sure comes in handy

chuckys blowdown in another thread reminded me i wanted to post some pics of a job i bid last week. my buddy in these pics is over 6 feet tall for perspective. some of these are the same tree from different angles but they had 10 go down. i think this is just 3 or 4 of the trees. they had a pole with 3 transformers land in the back of a pick up!

Attachments

• pine gate way 003.jpg
    pine gate way 003.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 19
  • pine gate way 004.jpg
    pine gate way 004.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 20
  • pine gate way 005.jpg
    pine gate way 005.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 27
  • pine gate way 006.jpg
    pine gate way 006.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 30
  • pine gate way 007.jpg
    pine gate way 007.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 21
  • pine gate way 008.jpg
    pine gate way 008.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 19
  • pine gate way 009.jpg
    pine gate way 009.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 27
  • pine gate way 010.jpg
    pine gate way 010.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 21
question--with a tree that big, id think the root ball would be MUCH larger?????seems mighty small for such a tall and big tree.

never noticed that before,butch. even on dozed stumps and trees. half that tall oaks around here would have twice the root ball. at half the height of that pine---

Back