34 year old baby giant.....

rbtree

Climbing Up
This open grown redwood was nearly as wide is it was tall. Planted a mere 34 years ago, it produced about 24 yards of chips. The four logs weighed 15-17000 pounds. We worked the lowest branches off an orchard ladder, and used an 11 foot long stick saw. Then, I went up on the Wraptor, set a lowering line, came down and started rigging the limbs. Dan Martin of Big Huge Trees Tree Service finished the limbing. I craned the sticks out two days later. Butt cut close to 56". Now that's some growth rings!

Too bad I didn't do a better job of explaining to Adam how to use my camera. The focus is way off on the images, same for the video, but those are barely acceptable...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qQqwVpfMFyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sort of... but, as is usual, it had outgrown its space... and in a mere 34 years!

Halldin's a good kid... and a competent climber.

flushcut, have a go at the math..... if the butt cut was about 56", and the tree is only 34, what would be the average growth ring width?

Yah but what was the biggest or bigger rings? Trees usually start slower and I bet that sucker was just starting to turn it on.

Can't help ya with that Sean. Turn on your puter....... But this brushy teenager had 1/3 the brush of the giant that you helped us with....

Back