grcs, rigging, and dingo, have offer...is it fair..what say you all?

Congrats man, you won't look back! You'll be wondering where the mini has been all your life haha. Now all you need is a BMG and you'll be golden

Yup we just got a Kanga (aussie mini) and it's like having 3 ground guys on the job. I jokingly call it my kangan (kanga+tongan) it's ridiculous what a difference it makes,

jp:D

Congrats on the purchase, you'll wonder how you ever finished a day without it. Just remember that the guy's will grumble when its not onsite lol (My guys turn into a bunch of sad panties:whine:) ENJOY!!!:D

Ben
Bushwacker Tree

Couple years ago I could argue the point of not having one... Just not enough jobs on ground we could run on. Now, that has changed. Less and less harh terrain work and more and more yards, driveways.....etc.
Some of the jobs we get, a D8 would have trouble being on. Still need a tracked unit. Most people don't have lawns up here... they have fields ;)

Congrats Stephan! Glad to hear you are off the harsh terrain, it hurt me looking at some of your pics! You will really like the tracks as well, that's the one thing I wish I had/glad I don't! They are great on the mud, but suck in the snow!
Now you need to get with Dave and see about a BMG, the bucket and forks are fine and dandy, but for moving brush and wood, it's as handy as it gets!
I've told my wife she can sell all my tools, but the mini ain't going anywhere! I lovingly refer to it as "My back!"

My Vermeer s800tx does very well in the snow until it gets packed down and icy but that is about after fifteen passes or so.

I'm not saying they wont work, just saying they are light as is, then with the lower ground pressure with the tracks they don't care for inclines, can be hard to get going etc.
I learned this the hard way when I worked for Bobcat, they needed the lot cleared and I figured I'd be cleaver and grab one of the new track machines. It was alright at first, then it just started sliding around. I ended up finishing up with a wheeled machine. Then on ice, well, lets just say it's not something I'll ever do again! That was flat scary!

Not totally off the harsh terrain as yet Andy... But will be in the near future. Save for felling mostly I am hoping. Maybe some trail cuttin from time to time.. that is actually enjoyable some days.
BMG is up there on the list. Figure with in a year, I have one loan that will dissappear next year or sooner. So that will give some room for other things I need. Jeep motor next...

I know, life gets in the way it seems! but even in the rougher terrain I think you will like the tracks better, just be careful on rocky terrain, rocks can throw a track or eat them up quickly! But it should be a lot smoother on the inclines and bumps than a wheeled machine.

Wellllllllll most our terrain = granite or decomp granite, or slate or...... Yeah rocky... LOL Duff will eat the little bugger too.. Slopes... 2-1 is about normal and they get steeper. It won't work everywhere, but I am structuring things to where we mostly take the good and giove the bad to someon else. Unless they pay really really well..... :lol: The young bucks can have the mountian goat stuff. :lol:
Good thing is.. I have a lot of varied terrain on our property and can test it out on some prior to getting on the job. I will know it's limits before it goes to work testing them ;)

On the ice thing... Our ground does not freeze like in most places. We get snow, you run the van up and down the driveway a few times, and it melts in a couple hours where you have been. We only get about a week or two of sub-freezing temps during the winter.
Today I called a snow day with 6" on the ground.... tomorrow it will be mostly gone.

We get the beauty of having it, all pretty and fun like, then it goes away quickly. Unless I travel up a 1000 feet or more. But when it does, I can drive down 1000 feet or so and work on wet ground than in snow.

With terrain like yours, all I can say is Snatch block. A redirect is a wonderful thing, especially with a mini. Use the terrain you have to work the terrain you're on.

You know the drill.... yup... we yard a great deal of stuff to where we need to work it.. There are times I wished I had a small yarder like a Ed or someone here had some time ago.

This is good :). I'm the demon who tempted Willie with the opportunity at a pair of Boxers. Should have bought both of them myself and made a couple of $k on a flip :). Sorry to say I cannot find that thread to post a link...:(.

You know the drill.... yup... we yard a great deal of stuff to where we need to work it.. There are times I wished I had a small yarder like a Ed or someone here had some time ago.

Well..you just bought a small yarder. Put the BMG on the fast track you will find uses for the machine that you thought never existed.

Back