Fishing 2012

sounds tasty but chips, ranch dressing and cheese? Sounds about as healthy as a kick in the teeth. :)
I don't see anything unhealthy with this dish. The fish is probably very high in omegas which is very good for you which helps conteract any trans fats if there is any.
There was tests done on our northern pike, jackfish is what we call them here on the prairies and they found jackfish was just as high in omega 3s as the salmon have on the coasts.

To be fair, thats a fairly small amount of "unhealthy" stuff in proportion to fish.

I like making Fish Pie but I never put hard boiled eggs in mine. Some white fish, some smoked, and some prawns, doesnt really matter what fish, and loads of fresh parsley.

I make one much the same as that, it turns out pretty good.

I haven't had haddock for years, only smoked cod sold now except for the main fish market in the city. The cod comes from Namibia or South Africa now.:(

Like I told my doc. I am only on the earth one time and I am going to enjoy it with the one shot I got. I like to eat and I am going to enjoy my food. I also try new foods and drinks I have never had.

I tried the healthy eating one year. Very costly and not near as tasty. JMO.

Each to their own and freedom of choice here in the good ole USA. Thats why we have different saw brands, cars, trucks, etc. We all have different taste and priorities.

I tried some cajun blackened prime rib the other night. Never heard of that. But I seen it on the menu so I tried that over my reg order of prime rib, just because. :D

:stooges:

Freedom to eat is a fine concept, but if you have ever had anything go awry with your heart, as I once had for some still unknown reason, and breathing becomes difficult with a lack of oxygen, you would trade all the fine meals you've ever had for an easing of that terrible discomfort. It provides a good definition of what miserable is, take my word for it!

I only guessing it was around 58 or 9, I was fishing for blue gill in Santa Rosa creek. And I caught a stringer full that pretty much set the dinner table for the family that evening. I was jacked.

That glory hole of blue gill was at the confluence of Matanzis creek. Which was right in downtown Santa Rosa. Luther Burbank Gardens and Julliard Park were right along side.

At that time Santa Rosa creek was still so pristine life abound in every niche. It was a childhood dream and adventure. In latter years I found the Adventures of Tom Sawyer paralleled it.

Today this location is concreted and paved over. It's all underground now. Add professional buildings for a topping. You wouldn't even know there was a creek or confluence there today.

That's progress, I guess.

Each to their own and freedom of choice here in the good ole USA. Thats why we have different saw brands, cars, trucks, etc. We all have different taste and priorities.

Not like here in commie-land where we only have one , "state regulated" brand of saws, cars etc. to choose from, right;)

IMG_0955-002.JPG IMG_0955-001.jpg Other weekend, other Grouper! This one pulled out of the same hole as the last one. On our GPS it is called Red/Black Hole. Last week was a black, this week a red. Absolutely a perfect shot, in one eye and out the other, not damaging any meat. Sweet, John will eat fish again next week.

hit a flea market today, got Bub a baseball glove for a buck and a fishing rod with reel and line for $10. :) Fishslayer in training.

IMG_1006.JPG IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1044.JPG IMG_1061.jpg IMG_1087.JPG IMG_1090.JPG IMG_1103.jpg IMG_1091.JPG IMG_1006.JPG IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1044.JPG IMG_1061.jpg IMG_1087.JPG IMG_1090.JPG IMG_1103.jpg IMG_1091.JPG Ha, our team won it! On top of that, John and Hillary got a plaque for top Father Daughter team. However, icing on the cake...Hillary caught her first sailfish! That fish tail walked forever before giving in. Had a great time, fished for free and walked away with a little money. Love that. A friend we invited actually caught the winning fish, John would have taken second but it was a team fishing tournament. Some tournaments are individual angler tournaments, which we like better. that way you have a chance of winning more money. Really though, it is not about the money, it is about the fun!
Of course, Palmer (our dog) went. The Captain we use allows us to bring him, after all, he is our lucky charm. http://www.mainattraction.org/

Back