Fishing 2012

I have to admit it is hard me to imagine lakes & rivers being open to certain types of boating & fishing only during specific times of the year.

I have to admit it is hard me to imagine lakes & rivers being open to certain types of boating & fishing only during specific times of the year.

It's cuz Salmon only run during specific times of the year. The King Salmon are listed on the endangered species list on many of the WA State rivers. So when returns are low... the entire river systems will shut down. Trust me... it friggin' blows.

Gary

Ain't that the truth. I love how every creek got shut down last year. NEVER had a salmon in them, even duirng floods. Yet they are now closed so no salmon will be accidently retained.

Ya Gary I understand it.
Just cant imagine having to deal with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMAG0463.jpg

Some walleye from last week.

I don't eat fresh water fish myself. But my buddies go ape over them.

Nice looking slabs, Chris. Minnows or jigs? I like catfish and crappie, that's about it for freshwater fish. I have a customer who goes to Alaska nearly every year. Every time I do work for him, he gives me some halibut and salmon steaks. I like working for him!:D

Raw trout is actually pretty tasty. Some places serve it in these parts, sliced very thin. Not sure if it is from streams or lakes, or raised fish.....probably the last.

Whoops! I forgot trout.....some friends fixed some trout they brought back from a fishing trip and I liked it. As far as local fish though, it's catfish and crappie!

Minnows and jigs. A few came off small jigheads tipped with minnows. My crappies go to is a small pink jighead with a white 1.5" mister twister. It just seems to trump all other combos for me. Clear green mister twisters did pull their weight today also.

IMG956969.jpg

All cleaned up and ready to go. We got about the same amount yesterday morning.

My buddy eats them. He will batter/bread them up and drop them in peanut oil.

We didn't catch any jumbos. My preferred lake to fish we regularly catch them 15-18". I don't think this lake at my house holds them that big.

I have never seen them that big out of this lake either. Only 9-10 from the bank in years past. It's mainly a musky lake.

Dad brought up his boat and found a honey hole between islands.

For what?

Bottom fishing for Grouper and Snapper. I would love to catch a Mutton Snapper or a Nassau Grouper, but anything John will eat will be fine. We have to be on the dock at 7:30. I think we will catch some good fish and I will post some pictures. Last time we fished with this Capt, John knocked off one off his bucket list. Yellow Fin Tuna, heck of a fight, kicked his butt. He felt like a rock star when he landed it.
Tomorrow is more for me, then Friday, John picks the catch. Can't wait, it is gonna be fun.

Let's get some pics happening when you are finished! Good luck, and don't catch em all!

Back