Fishing 2012

Yes great photos Virginia! Those bring back great memories when my first wife and I deep sea fished the Gulf 30 miles off Clearwater Beach.
We didn't catch a fish as near as big as a sailfish though:)

flounder.jpg red drum.jpg
red drum and flounder from the kayak this week at the beach..........10000 casts 2 fish...oh well it was still awesome

Get em on the grill!!!
168.gif

Congrats Gigi and team, and John. I am looking forward to getting Bub out fishing this year, got a rod and reel for him last weekend.

Those sailfish are magnificent creatures. They seem like a good species for catch and release, but I guess that wouldn't work in a tournament...? With a hook in the gut, they will die in any accord, I guess.

Those sailfish are magnificent creatures. They seem like a good species for catch and release, but I guess that wouldn't work in a tournament...? With a hook in the gut, they will die in any accord, I guess.

Oh Jay, we released him and he swam off strong! Even in the sailfish tournaments they are released. They make an delicious smoked fish but it is frowned upon to bring them back to the dock.

Hole in one!

My dad and mom used to golf and both have had a hole in one...John had his today, only spearfishing. We went to a spot I think I have told you about, "red/black". We call it that because he can usually shoot a red or a black grouper off the hole. Well, today, the current was ripping but he dropped off the boat on the hole and within 4 minutes shot what he thought was only a red grouper...turns out there was a black right behind it that he hit as well. Holy smokes, he brings me the fish to get it on the boat and there were 2 grouper on the spear! How fun is that? IMG_1201.jpg

Back