Fishing 2016

I would love to help you do that someday Ray.

My wife takes baby lambs and bucket calves into the nursing home, when we have them.

I get choked up too much to go in with her. The pictures she brings home make me bawl like a little kid.

Hell yeah Butch. Them nurses gonna have to get over it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like a good investment to me Butch. Would be glad to have you Jim, I bet those folks love the baby livestock.

Thanks guys. Took some friends from Illinois out today and they caught barracuda, amberjack, snapper, bonita, mackerel and also hooked up on some Volkswagen sized jewfish. They were pretty well pooped when we got back to the dock, it was mid 90s and as you can see, not much of a breeze. P8220809.jpg P8220813.jpg P8220814.jpg P8220819.jpg

Wow! How much do the barracuda fight? Do you eat em?

The big ones are like rockets Cory, they make great jumps and are real screamers, especially on light/medium weight tackle. Those like this one are not that impressive when compared to amberjacks or bonita of the same size. I don't eat barracuda but my father-in-law really likes them. They kept this one for bait, it is probably the finest shark bait there is and these guys are really wanting to catch a big one. I don't know if they have the stamina for it but hopefully we'll see.

Looks like an awesome time Ray, I bet your friends were having a blast!!!

What fish is that 3 pics down?...its purdy

The big ones are like rockets Cory, they make great jumps and are real screamers, especially on light/medium weight tackle. Those like this one are not that impressive when compared to amberjacks or bonita of the same size. I don't eat barracuda but my father-in-law really likes them. They kept this one for bait, it is probably the finest shark bait there is and these guys are really wanting to catch a big one. I don't know if they have the stamina for it but hopefully we'll see.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Keep us posted!

I remember snorkeling around offshore rigs, back when I worked on boat trucks, in the days when one could get away with that kinda stuff. I shit you not.. I came face to face with a BIG ass barracuda. I could see the gills working and the long teeth going up and down. I wasn't really worried about him biting other than the fact that they liked to hit on stuff like the tattoos I was sporting. Smaller prey...

I hauled ass outta there, but that didn't stop me from doing that every chance I got. I remember how they liked to hang out in pairs...

:lol:I've shared that look with others on several occasions, how 'bout you Scott?
Yesterday was a pretty prime example. I had my friends from Illinois on a little snapper hole and they were catching 'em pretty good. We see a boat a half mile away headed straight for us so I pull anchor, make a little zig zag and start heading toward them. They pass us very close, I give them THE LOOK, and they head straight toward where I was just anchored, circling and looking at their depth finder, trying to find what we were sitting on. It's honeycomb bottom that doesn't show much on the graph so I don't think they found it and after a few minutes they moved on. We had several giant bull sharks around the boat on another spot that would only eat the snapper we were trying to get up. Drop a dead bait in front of them and they'd just swim around it. I've never seen bulls that wouldn't eat a dead bait. One was a solid ten footer that I would guess at over six hundred pounds, one of the biggest bull sharks I've ever seen.
P8230823.jpg P8230825.jpg

I know I have told this story before, but a friend of mine's son was an underwater welder, offshore in the gulf.

He quit it after a short time, still had to pay for the 40! thousand dollar helmet.

He did not like the barracuda, sharks, and other nasty looking fish looking over his shoulder while he was welding.

He would look over and there would be a huge 'cuda with its mouth open just looking at the light.

Nice work Ray!

You are probably tired of the threats by know, but I would like to come down and do that some day. I will pay for gas.

a friend of mine's son was an underwater welder, offshore in the gulf. ..

He did not like the barracuda, sharks, and other nasty looking fish looking over his shoulder while he was welding.

He would look over and there would be a huge 'cuda with its mouth open just looking at the light.

Wow that is crazy stuff!

Back