Fishing 2012

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's why I like it. I lose interest in things that I feel come easy. I fish walleye and hunt rugged grouse. I often come home empty handed but on those successful days, I feel like a king.

Walleye and Grouse dont come easy! Thats for sure. Too bad you live way out east.....I could show ya how its done!

LOL :D

:P

Are you good at both? I'm only just starting to learn about walleye fishing. Grouse/woodcock hunting is my Passion though. My dog and I stay at it year round working on grouse, minus the nesting season. Of course I don't kill them out of season, just work the dog. Woodcock are just starting to migrate back through here now so we've been on them a good bit lately. I average an estimated 100 miles a year on foot pursuing grouse and woodcock. So, ummmm, ill swap you a walleye lesson for a grouse lesson. Lol.

I actually should clarify that. I'm a die hard grouse hunter. As far as shooting them, well, I'm not going to make any claims there.......... I bet my gun is the problem.... Lol.

Im no pro walleye fisherman! Although Id like to think I am. I work very hard at it with mixed success and failures.

Grousing? Ive just started to get into it. Actually shot my first Grouse last fall. Hard part about Grousing here is Ive got to travel about 3 hours north to get into their territory. Close to home Im limited to waterfowl(which I dont really hunt) or Ring neck pheasant.
I have 2 springer spaniels who are about as good at hunting as I am. Very driven and determined, but just not much success. It comes with time I imagine.

Every January me and a good friend go up to Lake of the Woods on the Minnesota/ Canadian border for 3 days of ice fishing. We rent a sleeper house about 5 miles out on the lake and get our fill on Walleye and Sauger.

He always out fishes me. This year I had the lead on him about 6 hours into our stay and he pulls this thru the ice.

Attachments

• 2012-01-28 14.11.24.jpg
    2012-01-28 14.11.24.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 15
Your dogs will master it with time. Exposure is what does if for them. If you ever find yourself in PA, let me know. We will get out and do some fishing or hunting.

Holy walleye! You fish lake of the woods in an ice house?! I dream of that!

Yes sir. Every year! Its about a 6 hour drive from here.

Ill extend the same invitation to you. You ever find yourself in Minnesota, we'll go fishing. Come in winter and we'll ice fish, maybe even on LOTW.

To date Ive gone fishing with 3 THers......

TntTree (dave)
Gerry B
RiverRat (jeff)

you could be number 4

Wonder how Walleye tastes raw...dipped in a little soy sauce and hot mustard? Raw trout can be tasty, some places serve it. With a fresh fish, perhaps it would make a nice meal in the ice cabin.

Times are hard, Willie, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1
Nothing wrong with a tub, it started here in Vancouver racing to Nanaimo apparently.
bathtub-race-nanaimo-boat-man.jpg

We got out on the boat this weekend but only to gas up. We just couldn't get off the dock to fish. Next weekend maybe. The yellow tail snapper are thick as thieves out on the reef.

She may not eat fish, but Id bet she likes to fish. Any husband knows, their wife will out fish them any day! And we're all too happy to let them!

Ohio river hybrid caught and released last week or so. It was caught by my dads friend's son. This pic was on FB and ODR contacted the kid and stated he may of just released the Ohio state record fish.

hybrid.jpg

Back