Exercise

I played a super fun game of tag on ice skate with kids on Saturday.

Great exercise, no impact... well, except for that one time :).

Oly on Ice is a seasonal, portable rink in downtown Oly.

We will go to a hockey sized rink sometime soon, maybe. About half an hour away or so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is Oly beer big there?

Just the body weight stuff to warm back up Cory.
Ryan I didn’t take it that way. Just putting out what I’m doing

Try crawling on hands and feet. It's a good warm up and work out. Just don't let the neighbors see you. ;)

My poor neighbors. The whole 66 y o bald man crawling up the driveway in a speedo, thing. I picture them shielding their kid's eyes.

Probably not gonna happen. Well at least not this time of year. Limestone driveway and it’s mud season so the yard isn’t gonna be an option. Once the weather is better, it might be another way to make sure my neighbors know I’m crazy.

Well damn. When I lived n logged in Oregon in '77, it was quite popular.

A guy from work said he might have a treadmill for me. I ordered a pair of running shoes the other night. Also the father in law asked if my kids wanted his heavy bag to play with. Of course I said yes to that. I might get back into shape yet😆.
A noticeable side effect is that I’m in a better mood most of the time.

A guy from work said he might have a treadmill for me. I ordered a pair of running shoes the other night. Also the father in law asked if my kids wanted his heavy bag to play with. Of course I said yes to that. I might get back into shape yet😆.
A noticeable side effect is that I’m in a better mood most of the time.
If people got lots of exercise, physical and emotional/ mental health/ addiction problems would plummet, along with drug company profits.

Go crazy and add good diet and hydration and the drug company's profits would drop more.

Teen mental health is a real problem. If they had to power they're own lives with a human- powered electrical generator, things would look a lot better.

Haven’t read the thread but my exercise is walking the dog.

As it goes I was very fit as a young man, played amateur football, cycling etc.

These days gentle but consistent fast walking with a fox terrier is enough (On top of the job itself of course)

Attachments

• Attachment-1.jpeg
    Attachment-1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I started exercising again in feb to rehab a rotator cuff injury. It has been a lifestyle change for the better. I have always stretched and eat a good diet, I just needed to get fitter to increase my physical resilience

The best thing by far was the discovery of kettlebells - it has taken a good bit of effort to learn but it has paid in dividends.

my exercise is walking the dog.
Killing 2 birds with one stone. Afaik, walking is basically the single best overall exercise.

Pete, kettle bells rock. I recently got a steel mace, still getting used to it but I really like it for just a quick general loosening up, circular swings on both sides.

Haven’t read the thread but my exercise is walking the dog.

As it goes I was very fit as a young man, played amateur football, cycling etc.

These days gentle but consistent fast walking with a fox terrier is enough (On top of the job itself of course)
Do you ever do any backward walking?

Seems like it's good.

Dragging brush backwards in clear- footing areas is sometimes my way, when it's not a machine's job to forward brush.

Backwards dragging is a great workout. There was a younger fellow jogging exclusively backwards in my area this fall. Not once did I see him run forward.

Back