Abdominal Exercises

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had great success with hanging leg raises, and I've recently bought an ab roller. Pulled a groin muscle overusing it, though, so I'll back off a bit when I start back.

However, for most people, the best ab exercise is what you do at the dinner table. ;)

Frans, those are called seated leg raises. You're just using a chair to hold your elbows. I use two big ropes.

What's an ab roller- is it that 1 wheel thing with either side of the axle is a handle, and you roll out and back on it?

MB, the hanging leg raise, how does that work. Not sure how you hang without giving an overly great workout to the hanging muscles?

What's an ab roller- is it that 1 wheel thing with either side of the axle is a handle, and you roll out and back on it?

MB, the hanging leg raise, how does that work. Not sure how you hang without giving an overly great workout to the hanging muscles?

Yes, it's that 'lil wheel gizmo.

What are you calling "hanging muscles?"

Here's my set-up.

I have seen some pretty insane workouts in my time as a martial artist for 15 years. The devotion that has to be able to manipulate his body and gravity at the same time is incredible

Diet has a HUGE influence on losing fat/gaining muscle. I'm currently under the supervision of a pro bodybuilder friend who told me I was 'grossly malnurished':lol: Now I eat 5-6 times a day and will add two more meals (protein shakes) in the coming weeks. You can workout all day every day, if you don't change what and how you eat it, you may never see results.

As for ab excercises. Get on a swiss ball in a pushup position with the ball at your knees and bring your knees up to your chest, return to straight, 30 reps.

another one is to lay on your back with your arms out to the side, heels on the ball. Raise your midsection so your body is nice and straight, hold for three seconds, repeat.

In my opinion, sit-ups are over-rated as abdominal exercises. They'll work, but it takes LOTS of them. Back in my early twenties, I did 300 a night, with an occasional 500 or 600. I went all out one night and did 750 non-stop. However, all that began to take a toll on my lower back. I quit when I was about 25 and didn't do sit-ups for about ten years. I do a few now and then, somewhere from 50 to 100, but not every night and if my back starts bothering me, I quit for a few nights. My six-pack of twenty years ago is now lightly insulated...

Now I eat 5-6 times a day and will add two more meals (protein shakes) in the coming weeks. .

Careful you don't turn into one of those water filled gigantic weight lifters who can't work worth a damm

Thanks for the responses, guys, keep em coming.

Removed a big oak with a crane. No time, or energy, to excercise after.

Good call, I totally agree, but even so, no can do today.

Not sure what workout gonna use yet, gotta try some, get set up, etc etc.:what:

Cool_Hand_Luke_Martin.jpg

"You gotta get your mind right!

Ya'll are talking about specific muscle groups.
How about all these weight lifters with teeny tiny forearms and bulging biceps and a hanging gut?
:lol:

They ain't doing it right. Calves are the hardest muscle to develop.

Frans, are you talking about powerlifters?

Frans, are you talking about powerlifters?

Dunno, just those dudes I see around town. looks stupid to me. But what do I know, they may get chicks for all I know

I fit my arms through them, elbows first. The rope is under my armpit and my hands hang on to the rope.

I don't think there's any other way you could do it.

I tried that rope trick but with the bottomless chair it held my body more securely and let me concentrate on lifting my legs. Left the damm thing out all winter and the chair foam fell apart so got rid of it.
Real good work out that helped with my back pain alot.

Back