Exercise

@Mick how is igor?
Good, he has to take a daily pill for arthritis in his hips, but otherwise in good shape.

His one recent success has been to get into our bedroom every night to sleep.
My wife has been fighting it, but I have been secretly undermining her efforts by ‘forgetting‘ to shut doors on my way up at night.
Now she’s given in and he has a little nest on the floor at the end of the bed.
I love to hear his happy snoring in the small hours.

Seems like a tree guy could build their own weights from job material. Locust, oak, osage orange... packs a lot of weight in a compact package. Handles can be made from wood, rope, rebar... or cut in with a chainsaw.

@Tree09 might dig this one, friend of mine I was with yesterday.

Not many can follow him. More of a purpose built rock crawling machine.

Rock dawg just came up in another thread, way cool build. Hell you may have posted it lolz.

Someday I'll build another trail rig. I've got an S-10 carcass i can use. I'm thinking small block, double transfer cases, 2 ton axles, 40+ inches of tire

When money rains down from the sky, I will begin a rebuild of my wife's Bronco 2. That'll have a full external roll cage, and we're planning for stouter suspension. I'd like to try to get a full sized TTB front end under it, rather than go straight axle.

Looks like you and I are the only ones into wheeling, something I don't get to do much anymore. Can't risk the only work truck.

Serious dragging gives me painful knees for a few days.
I mean without added weight.

I don't have any knee pain, thankfully. I don't know why exactly.

Have you heard about that Knees over Toes guy?
Kevin Bingham has been an advocate for backwards walking, as is the KOT guy, I think. Maybe @cory, amongst others.

I think the KOY guy's exercises help some knee pains.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah, KOT big time. Simple exercises presented by a low key, down to earth, rehab and strength guru. On youtube and IG

Rock dawg just came up in another thread, way cool build. Hell you may have posted it lolz.

Someday I'll build another trail rig. I've got an S-10 carcass i can use. I'm thinking small block, double transfer cases, 2 ton axles, 40+ inches of tire

When money rains down from the sky, I will begin a rebuild of my wife's Bronco 2. That'll have a full external roll cage, and we're planning for stouter suspension. I'd like to try to get a full sized TTB front end under it, rather than go straight axle.

Looks like you and I are the only ones into wheeling, something I don't get to do much anymore. Can't risk the only work truck.
I have most of the laying around. Need more round tuits

I mean without added weight.

I don't have any knee pain, thankfully. I don't know why exactly.

Have you heard about that Knees over Toes guy?
Kevin Bingham has been an advocate for backwards walking, as is the KOT guy, I think. Maybe @cory, amongst others.

I think the KOY guy's exercises help some knee pains.
I find it easier to not do any heavy dragging.
Reminds me of the old joke.
‘Doctor, it hurts when I do this’
‘Well don’t do it then’

Skip the dragging, dabble in some KOT, raise your quality of life :drink:
It’s a slippery slope.

You start off with something seemingly harmless like KOT (whatever that is) one thing leads to another, next thing you know you’re on forums eulogising about supplements, cold showers and giving up the drink, before you know you’re on Instagram Live being pegged by your wife.

tornado ball. wow!

I am getting/making one. That is awesome.

Currently, in addition to the daily 100 pushups and 100 air squats, I do Turkish Get Ups 3x a week. They make you solid. As an aging man, I need functionality.

Need to step up my kettle bell game as well.

tornado ball. wow!

I am getting/making one. That is awesome.

Currently, in addition to the daily 100 pushups and 100 air squats, I do Turkish Get Ups 3x a week. They make you solid. As an aging man, I need functionality.

Need to step up my kettle bell game as well.

First and foremost, Danny Way is a Legend. The list of injuries he has come back from are unreal.

Secondly, we made one at the gym with a heavy medicine ball. One of the newer ones with a handle not an old school boxing leather one. We just tied a BJJ belt to the handle and then did the exercise.

It activates the core more than you’re expecting. The centrifugal force when the ball is to your side almost pulls you iver the first couple of reps.

Good luck and enjoy.

Carl.... passive interest - LOL!!!

I am going to try a home made tornado ball today with something less soft than a medicine ball. Hope to keep all my teeth.

Doing the 100 push ups and squats daily has been a game changer. I found out the hard way that running does not make one fit. Skinny, yes but my legs and core got super weak. At 48, I am fitter than I was at 38. Again, stopping short of that Instagram Live part Mick mentioned.

Back