Exercise

Looks like it's good for you. Also looks like something I'd never do :^D

Old school treework would do a lot of that. No ascenders, just a rope and body to get in a tree, and then start twisting and cutting. I'd be more inclined to do that.

One thing I've noticed about myself is I have a harder time pulling myself up with my legs from a deep squat. Both on the ground, and in the tree. I want to make a conscious effort of using my legs more, and my plan is to do it with firewood. Instead of using my arms/back, use my legs more for moving rounds. Squat down, grab the round, stand up using legs, rather than bend over and use my arms. Better for your back anyway, and I'll be getting something done. That's the kind of exercise I like.

I'm fitter than ever. Changed my life. Simple thing suggested by my neighbor, Rogan. No matter what, 100 air squats and 100 push ups. Every day. I do 4 sets of 25. Today was 4 sets of 30.

I basically chose good enough over perfect. I am sure a gym is great but I was only making it 3x on a good week. Plus I travel for work often. The gym is nonsense. 100 push ups and 100 air squats. You won't regret it.

Doing pretty much the same thing Nate, just a lesser amount. 4 sets of 15 push ups and 4 sets of 20 body weight squats. Thinking of adding ten minutes of jumping rope to my daily routine to up my cardio.
I wish Rogan was my neighbor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
By hand or machine?

Last weekend I bought a new home depot 8lb maul even though I like my current depot old 8lb maul. I've split a boat load of beech with it this week. #funshit! #wackyhobby

With my trusty new maul it does!!! :dude: :drink: ;)

And I use the tire trick from youtube- put the round or rounds in the tire on the chopping block so the wood stays upright and you aren't chasing it around after each swing.

8# is my favorite, 6# is nice. 10# is too heavy.

realtime edit:
Beech or birch Jim? Never heard of using beech bark, but well dried, it might work pretty good.

I'm fitter than ever. Changed my life. Simple thing suggested by my neighbor, Rogan. No matter what, 100 air squats and 100 push ups. Every day. I do 4 sets of 25. Today was 4 sets of 30.

I basically chose good enough over perfect. I am sure a gym is great but I was only making it 3x on a good week. Plus I travel for work often. The gym is nonsense. 100 push ups and 100 air squats. You won't regret it.
You are correct, the gym is great. Personally, if time was an issue, I would still go to the gym when I could and do the bodyweight stuff on the days I couldn't.
While I concede Rogan is in great shape for his age, I would guess he is on Testosterone Replacement Therapy and doing alot more than pushups and bodyweight squats for his daily workouts. Oh, I almost forgot about his Alpha Brain supplement that he takes even before wiping his ass or brushing his teeth.

My Stihl maul is apparently 6.6 pounds. 8 pounds sounds heavy!
You are part grizz, 8 lbs is a feather to you. Try it out if you aren't totally satisfied with the 6.6.

Oh and can you set us up with a little info re your rez buddy. :dude:

Push ups and body weight squats are the warm up from the cold plunge. A real work out might come some day for me, but I’m not looking to get up at 4 am anytime soon. A work out after work is not an option for me.
With being off work today I have my push up total to 200. Just do 20 here and there in between tasks

Back