Dogs in the garbage

You can just shoot a dog in your yard? Is it legal?

What does your dog know? That he'll get shot if leaves your yard?

Here its not legal to shoot soomeones dog, regardless if it is trespassing or not.

You guys are funny. Legal. HAHAHA

Seriously, I would go over and start throwing his garbage on his yard while making alot of noise. The neighbor's dogs really liked getting the hotshot for about a week, but somehow have tired of our game.

The hot shot is nice for metal garbage cans, one wire on the lid and another on the can.

Fred

After that, figure out a way to annoy your neighbors in some small but consistently irritating way :)

Fight fire with fire Al
-- ---------------------------------

I like the way you think Frans,

Had an evil thought Al, Get some animal $hit and fill a garbage bag and place it near you neighbors house! Every time they let the dogs run loose, they will surely find the smell. Dogs being dogs, they won't be able to resist opening up THAT bag & rolling around in all that $hit. Eventually they will make there way home,:lol: :lol: .

That should take care of your dog problem but if not...who cares!!! Just think about the dogs in their owners home stinking up the place. PU!:lol:

Just a thought is all, good luck Al. HC

then when the dogs tip over the cans what do you do? build a shed? i say teach them to stay off your place

This is one of those things that can make bad neighbors in a hurry. If you can't talk to your neighbors about it, and strapping the lids doesn't work, you will have to decide just how much you want a fued with them. I wouldn't punish the dogs, they are just doing what dogs do. Maybe you could try some of that Ceasar Milan stuff. Stand in your garage make funny noises and stare at them, show them you are the pack leader!:roll: :lol:

Our dogs are incorigible when it comes to the garbage. We bought a new can with a step type lid figuring that would stop them. The worst one was walking by it when it was brand new, not even anything in it. She slipped her head under the lid, peered left and right, then kept walking. We just knew we were defeated before we began.

Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well shucks I don't want to act like Atilla the Hun over these damned dogs.If I wanted to do that I would roast them on the grill.:O Although that would send a message.:/:

I'm going to have to Google some directions for filet of Fido or barky burgers I guess.Mumble,grumble %$^)#,

Put a bungee cord on the garbage cans, works for 'coons....maybe it'd do the same with dogs, I dunno.

Mouse traps (ready to snap) set around the problem area helps with cats....maybe it'd do the same with dogs, I dunno.

I would shoot a dog that was running our cattle, but not for coming into the yard acting like dogs.

I agree with the feud factor involved. I don't think you can talk sense to people about dogs. If they're habitually running loose, it's already obvious the owners don't know #$%@.

I tried talking 'nice' to my neighbor, many times. a few years ago. After having to run an electric fence ($60 and hours of clearing brush to be able to run it) around the garden where I hybridized my daylilies so her dogs wouldn't get in....I got really upset when I watched her, WATCH her dogs come into my property. She just watched with a stupid air head 'look'. (how cute) I went ballistic. She tells people I'm crazy. Maybe she's right....I dunno. :D

Otherwise, I usually shoot a few rounds into the ground NEAR the dogs. They never come back.

Well,a turn of events in this long saga.The mail carrier on the weekend doesn't pay much attention to the mail and mistakenly gave us the neighbors mail.

It was a magazine from the SPCA which tells me those mutts came from the pound.The SPCA only sends out material to those who contribute to the cause.

I made a comment of the fact to my wife who replied she had not seen the offending canines in a couple of days.This might be the end of the tale,hopefully.So much for barky burgers.:)

I think the bungie on the cans would do the trick. Kind of a pain, but it will take care of the coons and other vermin also.

The only thing accomplished by the dog whistle is that it beckons the little rat dog over to my fence so he can bark at me longer. :roll:

my dog whistle just makes my dog turn her head funny and look at me. i always thought they were just a training tool

The only thing accomplished by the dog whistle is that it beckons the little rat dog over to my fence so he can bark at me longer. :roll:
You have to play with it,like tuning a saw.Keep tuning the thing until you find the frequency that drives the dog nuts,Then lay it on them. They bark and annoy you,you whistle and annoy them.Good for the soul.
Ha,all the dog lovers most likely think I'm an old meany.If I were that I would dine on roast of Fido dailey instead of weekly.;)

Ah, man. I wanted to hear a decent funny ending to this thread like,,,,

"He took the bait and then reared back so quick,,,, it looked like a tarpon jumping out of the water." Come on, Al.

Well as they say It's not over til the fat lady sings.It seems my buddies the dogs are back,I saw the sons -a-beechs today.It looks like I may get to feed them a hot tamalli after all." and the old boy's eyes rolled back in his head as fire shot out of his arse. That old hound was making 50 miles per hour dragging his hind quarters accross that cornfield try to put out the fire from within" Not bad for improv .:D

Back