Dogs in the garbage

I love dogs, really I do. I was raised with them, and love visiting friends that have them.

But I'm with Carl. I'd be damned if I'd go through the time and expense of screwing around with electric wires etc. I shouldn't have to. I don't OWN one.

If I wanted to deal with all that crap, I'd get a dog myself. If YOU want a dog, it's up to YOU to keep it out of everyone else's property. Dogs will be dogs, yep... but the dog's owner is supposed to be slightly higher on the intellectual food chain, ain't he?

Parathion, or diethyl parathion, is an organophosphate compound. Like many other organophosphate insecticides, it is a very potent insecticide and acaricide. It was originally developed by IG Farben in the 1940s. It is highly toxic to non-target organisms. Its use is banned or restricted in many countries, and there are proposals to ban it from all use.

well said Netree, got a dog of our own and love him like a child but he isn't gonna be out on the run

Parathion, or diethyl parathion, is an organophosphate compound. Like many other organophosphate insecticides, it is a very potent insecticide and acaricide. It was originally developed by IG Farben in the 1940s. It is highly toxic to non-target organisms. Its use is banned or restricted in many countries, and there are proposals to ban it from all use.

I used to spray it on my Dad's and Uncle's apricot trees as a dormant spray. I think all that is used in this area now is Penncap which encapsulates the parathion making it less lethal to non target pests and less likely to drift. If I remember correctly the lethal dose for humans was less than 1 gram.

LD50 is listed as 1.2mg (of 100% ingredient) per Kg of bodyweight for mice and rats.
so for an average human of say 80Kg (176lbs) that would take about 96mg which is less than a tenth of a gram.
compared to Ratak (Brodiafacoum) which is .27 mg per kilo for LD50 on rats.
awfully potent stuff indeed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aw geeze I didn't want to poison the dang things. Actually I didn't want to roast them either although the thought had entered my mind.

Maybe if I knew dog talk I could negotiate with them .Say a nice bone every week if they leave my stuff alone.If not perhaps I should move the grill up by the road and done my chefs hat.

Better still I could turn this problem over to the keeper of the gate,Mrs Smith and her broom .She doesn't use her broom for transportation as did my ex but she can swing that broom like Babe Ruth did a Louisville slugger.I believe if she were mad enough she could knock out a horse.Mean woman I tell ya,mean woman.:lol:

wire up a bowl of food to 120v,,,, shock em' a little. Or chase the mofos back to the neighbors doorstep.

Keep them fed, they will protect your property and maybe stay out of your garbage.

If I didn't like you Al, I would come over and smear cows blood all over your garbage cans :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I didn't like you Al, I would come over and smear cows blood all over your garbage cans :lol:
No what you really need is lion chit.I imagine that somewhere hidden deep in the dogs gene pool of inherited traits that would be one scent that would definatly trigger a dense mechanism of stay away.The only one that would be better would be saber tooth tiger but I believe that one is out of stock,so to speak.

Another dog story.My friends daughter got on that deal where they adopted a mustang from the round up of the things from the western states.The filly never was really tamed only part.When she foaled at three years old she of course was a good mother.The mustang mare didn't differenciate a dog from a coyote or wolf and trampled three or four to death in their pasture field.Don't fool with mama.

Steve, can you still get hold of that stuff? I might be interested in buying some.

Nope, sorry Skwerl, I don't have a pesticide permit anymore which is required to purchase it, I would also have to file an NOI (notice of intent, and usually you fax it in to the Ag Commisioner's office) 2 days before applying it along with a recomendation from a licensed Pest Control Adviser. They might even do a "drive by" and see if you are actually putting it on when you said you would. Then file a use report at the end of the month saying where it went (section, township and range) and what it did, (what bugs you killed). I would also have to posess a private applicator's license to apply it and an approved storage site which is locked and placarded or the material would have to be delivered directly to a licensed commercial applicator who would apply it for me. I don't want to think about the laws that would be broken shipping the stuff.

Back