chip box project

Bleh. I'm at a point where I get really good work from WOM, and I enjoy working for those specific people. Plus I don't want to be in the trees everyday. Not sure where I want to go with my life yet.

Your call for sure. This week I've been working in a highly visible spot and have picked up a couple grand in real easy work with neighbors and passerbys just from reading my number off my equipment.

Same here squishy. I think the big crane and half trees swinging all over the place got alot of the attention though! Signage is always good. Just to keep your name out there.

My signs worked really good when a guy thought I was illegally dumping. My bros truck is fully sign written, daily driver, with over 25k miles per year. 2 people have directly said they got his number from his truck.

I hear what your saying, I might change my mind when I'm home twidling my fingers.

I'm not really following you there? If someone thought you were illegally dumping but you weren't? It's a non issue. I got three calls this week from my truck signage. It's all location.

Oh or are you saying you aren't gonna run signs so that you can illegally dump?:P

:D:lol:

Oh or are you saying you aren't gonna run signs so that you can illegally dump?:P

:D:lol:

Haha. I'm saying the only time someone had referred to my sign was when they thought I was. Old man saving the world.

I found sign or no sign, if they want tree work and see a tree crew, they'll come talk to you.

Anyways, back to chip box fab work.

Most states have rules that any vehicle used for commercial purposes must be marked.

Not sure what the DOT rules state.

The company I work for has an unmarked truck. I dont think its a law in CT but I could be wrong.

I'm posting here since I'll be starting my own chip box project soon. Here's the truck though.

Attachments

• Me and truck small.JPG
    Me and truck small.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 8
  • Truck front small.JPG
    Truck front small.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Truck back small.JPG
    Truck back small.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 8
Why not just go get Brendon's chip box? It would definitely be easier, faster and less expensive than starting from scratch. Plus you could probably talk him into buying you lunch. ;)

That's an idea... although, mine has this cool electric debris screen that covers the bed. I'm planning on raising the sides to match the curve of the screen. That way the screen just barely makes it over the sides. Also, with the screen I can raise it and park it to blow in chips, or I can pull back the screen all the way to put logs in. I am a little curious how Brendan did the sides of his though cause it looks pretty slick, and I could use his ideas a bit.

The unit slips right in where your wooden slats are. Make an offer, I'm not looking to get rich off the sale of it, just rather see someone like you put it to use honestly.

If the dimensions are off, you would only have to cut and reweld 2 bars on the bottem chip box part. The top would be a little more cutting, 4 bars.

What are the dimensions for that box? I bet we have the same size dump bed. Lemmie check mine real quick.

...The boards on mine are 8'.

the chip box is 8' long, it doesnt go all the way to the edge, or else I'd had to buy a 10' sheet of aluminum$$$, inside to inside of the bed pockets are 7'ish. From the bottem of the front pocket, to the top edge of the headache rack is around 33".

If you really want I can get presise measurements and go from there..

It's got over $700 in materials, but I think I like you...:D

Maybe you'd have something I'd be interested in?

Brendan, I really have no clue how much to offer you. How much did it cost in material for you to build it?

I don't have much to trade, but I think I could give you what you paid for in materials and a little. :D:D

700ish. I want more than $1, less than $1000.

These pics are from before the top.

NewChipbox003.jpg

NewChipbox001.jpg

Frame007.jpg

How easy would it be to take it back to where you had it in these pics? Anyway... I may be able to stop by Conn. and pick it up. It's gonna be expensive, but I may be able to make up the money by stopping off in Maryland and doing some work for some folks in D.C. ;) I have a few old clients that I could call up who can probably use me up there. 8)

What do you mean take it back? The top comes off with 8 bolts, with 2 guys 10 minutes. I've taken it off and put it in the bed when I had to get towed on a flatbed.

Back