chip box project

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well finally gonna paint the beast on friday! was out doing some last minute detail work today like welding a tailgate chain on. getting excited now

I know man... that drive was figgin brutal! ..and maybe I would have missed that cop too.

If I was a really infrequent use welder who wanted to weld up fairly small projects, I'd get something like this, for $340. It can handle just about anything a tree worker would need, has a short learning curve, and low startup cost. The main disavantage I see is it has a low duty cycle, which would suck if you were welding 1/4" steel ramps, but would be fine for the majority of one's needs.

With proper preperation it can weld 1/4" on a single pass, probably a 20% duty cycle. I'd generally limit the thickness to 3/8" with 3 passes or 1/2" if you can get to both sides and you don't need to weld a very long stringer.

https://www.choiceaccessories.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=65161

We can probably teach you the basics online.

If I was a really infrequent use welder who wanted to weld up fairly small projects, I'd get something like this, for $340. It can handle just about anything a tree worker would need, has a short learning curve, and low startup cost. The main disavantage I see is it has a low duty cycle, which would suck if you were welding 1/4" steel ramps, but would be fine for the majority of one's needs.

With proper preperation it can weld 1/4" on a single pass, probably a 20% duty cycle. I'd generally limit the thickness to 3/8" with 3 passes or 1/2" if you can get to both sides and you don't need to weld a very long stringer.

https://www.choiceaccessories.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=65161

We can probably teach you the basics online.

Carl, speaking from having used one... skip it and head for the Handler 140. The arc was never that great, and the duty cycle truly sucked for 1/8" or thicker.

If they still made the Lincoln Pro-Core 100, I'd recommend it. I've been happy with mine, even more so when I used it as a CC wire feeder with my Miller Thunderbolt :rockon:

I'll have to post up pics of some of my welding projects sometime.

Replaced the frame tails on one truck we had, and actually made one truck out of two... literally.

Bunch of others.

finally got the beast painted!!! ill get some pics up in a day or 2

so i started blasting my box sat morning, also my bumper which has needed paint for years:D my buddy took his bumper off also and we hit his to. about the time we were done with that it started to rain:O so we ran to a friends shop and backed in out of the rain before it really cut loose. an hour or so later we pulled out and started sanding the cab and taping. 3 hours before dark we finally stated shooting! about dark we finished up my stuff and then painted his bumper blue!

Attachments

• blasting 003.jpg
    blasting 003.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 24
  • blasting 005.jpg
    blasting 005.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 23
  • painting 002.jpg
    painting 002.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 23
  • painting 003.jpg
    painting 003.jpg