chip box project

Ok. I wasn't sure how that little extension that you have on the top was attached. ...you know from the pics on page 17 or 18, its black, not chrome. Either way, I think that thing looks good. I'll just have to make a few adjustments cause the sides on the dump I have are a bit taller than the mason dump you have, which means that box'll stick up a good bit more. What I may do is just take that lower cross bar off on the front off, and tailor the box to come out over the cab a little. I'm still a little unsure as to how I can make it work with that electric screen cover I have. I'd hate to have to take it off.

Yeah... here's that tarp.

Attachments

• tarp small.JPG
    tarp small.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
  • tarp 3 small.JPG
    tarp 3 small.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 22
  • Tarp1 small.JPG
    Tarp1 small.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Tarp2 small.JPG
    Tarp2 small.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nice truck wagnaw! u could probably attach the screen in a better location easier than radiusing the front.

I'm a little tired today, but I'm not following how that screen is gonna be useful? It looks to me like if you were chipping into there even with higher sides, chips/dust will blow everywhere? And that screen looks like it would take a beating rather quickly to me.

Damn nice looking truck though! Congrats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
id think it would last a while if you did like derek and tipped the bed up. just a guess though as ive never tchipped into a tipped bed

I bet you can extend the arms on the screen so itll clear the top of the box. I might be able to help you get that thing closer to NC, I make weekly trips from CT to DE, might save you a few hours, if the sides are seperated.

whoops scratch that, looked at the pics its one piece. might be able to work something out though

If I leave the tarp away, Brendon's chip box wouldn't interfere, and I could just remove the chip box if I wanted to place in logs from above and use the tarp.

Sounds good in theory, but what you will discover in real life use is that it's usually faster and easier to just chunk up the wood and throw it in from the back without removing the top. And the tarp will fetch a few dollars if you sell it to somebody who can use it. If you have a chipper and a covered chip truck, the tarp will not be of any use to you.
;)

All good points. For now, I've just gotta make some moo la, and I'll kill that bird when I get there. ;)

Those tarps systems bring a fair amount of money new or used. Yours looks to be in excellent shape, and its powered, odd on smaller dump trucks.

Business is done. It fit with a little cutting. Here's Andrews new setup, along with my new box, still got a little to do on mine though.

Attachments

• 10-4-09 003.jpg
    10-4-09 003.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 10-4-09 004.jpg
    10-4-09 004.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 10-4-09 005.jpg
    10-4-09 005.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 10-4-09 007.jpg
    10-4-09 007.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 10-4-09 011.jpg
    10-4-09 011.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 10-4-09 002.jpg
    10-4-09 002.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 10-4-09 006.jpg
    10-4-09 006.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 19
Yup! Gotta keep that economy going. The ride back was good. I got a pulled over in CT as soon as I got on the highway for not having tags on the chipper, but the guy went easy on me since I was a southerner. He even explained to me everything I should do to get the ticket he wrote dropped. Almost ran out of fuel twice because gas stations were out of fuel. I figure I got 15-16 mpg on the way up, and 11 mpg on the way back with all that stuff. I got back today at about 3pm, bought a new battery for the chipper, and chipped some downed trees at my brother's house. :D That thing EATS some wood!! It is bigger than I thought, and a little bigger than I wanted. But.... :|:

Good trip overall, and I scored a cool shirt too.

Back