chip box project

I don't know if it overcenters Steve, but at the least it gets close and the latch holds it closed.

Very snazzy deal, Brendon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
here ya go steve
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ORVrqHsn-Nc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ORVrqHsn-Nc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ever seen the barn doors on an 18 wheeler's trailer?

Same idea and function, except those are off the shelf.

nick, your pms are full. either ways fine by me though

Butch, I think you are confusing that with off the chain!:lol:
Young Carlos would not be talking ebonics, maybe jibberish, but not ebonics.:D

Thanks Willie! Is that what you had on your old truck? I'll have to think about putting that on my dump trailer.

Jammin,

I just checked the prices quick on just one sheet of aluminum. Metals Depot was over $81 more for the same peice, not including shipping.

Hmm...

Good to know. I hope my welder can get good prices then.

Hmm...

Good to know. I hope my welder can get good prices then.

I just called to order one more stick of material this morning, they wanted $150 for just ONE stick, when I payed $64 earlier for 4 sticks! He was telling me that the price relates to how much weight your buying, thats why I payed so little earlier I guess.

Needless to say I didn't order the one stick, if I buy 2 that brings me down the $86/stick. I oughta start charging by tree weights :D.

hmmm, im always telling folks i dont charg by the pound!

Sooo my aluminum has been at the welder over a month, I told him no rush so it's my fault. It's supposed to get done within another week and a half though. I'm not pushing because I just don't have the $$ to pay him, I am owed over 6k right now, some well over 60 days :X.

So in the meantime my brother has his buddies welder for a couple days. I have been wanted to get rid of the heavy mason dump tailgate for a while now. It's just too scary loading the mini directly onto the weight of the chains. I got some $12 hinges and went to work, I love this new gate. Just have to get a piece of mesh

Attachments

• tailgate 001.jpg
    tailgate 001.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 10
  • tailgate 002.jpg
    tailgate 002.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 10
12 bucks? good deal there. i put mine to work without painting it:cry: other truck broke down

ya, sand blasting will help though and i was planning on that anyway

I'd put the skin on the inside of the frame. More functional. 8)

If you want to hang a sign on it, then get your sign put on aluminum sheet and then attach it with screws or whatever. But the working skin needs to be on the inside.

Back